Brook's Mk2 Golf :)

brookfromhamilton

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah no way a tube is going to be happy with having to poke its valve out so offset. I would have just run the rest tubeless to be honest and found someone fully capable of mounting stretched tyres - there's a guy at Firestone on the Boulevard who did my Viva tyres no sweat at all, but I've forgotten his name! Having said that 8.5 may be a little too much for a 175/50.

And make sure there is absolutely no rubbish in the well of the tyre. Valve shouldn't give trouble/move around. Its being held in position by lots if pressure and the tube will mould to the shape inside the wheel. Plus the valve has an extra thick rubber collar bit around the base. Nice size tyres by the way. Definitely not too much for an 8.5. I've seen people run 155 on a 9.

I was given some tubes by someone and they were specifically for mounting low profile tyres, as most tubes are for the standard high profile/commercial tyres etc. I think they were BR 13 or something like that.

• 1 month later...

Looks fuckin sweet with steels - thought about painting them dayglo yellow?

just my opinion but I reckon the old style roof racks are a bit odd on a modern car - would be better with some 80's/90's ski rack loaded with skis and a flouro onesie hanging off the jacket hook in the back window..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm now the proud owner of this car :D although it no longer has the low or the wheels due to a pink sticker.

Had to take it to vtnz for wof, had quite a long list most of it is bullshit as little things that no one really cares about.

Main things to fix: excessive play L/F wheel, rear brake performance and pedal too soft, headlights out of focus.

Already fixed: windscreen washer, L/R wheel bearing rough, R/F excessive play, Secure left seat???(it didnt really move at all), no back seatbelts(they were under the back seat) and someother stuff I cant remember now.

Coilovers going in next month sometime for extra low, widened wheels also next month