Jurassic Auto's V8 82 HR30 Skyline

would be off the chain if you pull it off man, r30 would be much easier to fit one of the vh series motors in , but tbh id go with the vh41 and a jdm one at that , much better engine for fuckall loss in torque etc .

wouldnt worry about a turbo tbh power is mean but lighting up 1st 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th whenever you plant is is only fn till you get the bill for the tyres and possibly the powerpole you hit lol .

im keen as shit to put a vh into 910 but its going to take a long time for me to get the rest of the car up to a standard to handle such things .

i had no idea hr30's were sterringbox and linkages though :S

I think it's sad for me that I don't have an '83 Coupe yet. Still good project and looks like you're not likely to make it worse than it was! You'll have to do something about either getting a stock bonnet to fit or having a more subtle adjustment for the VH if you require it.

Luckily I have another bonnet for this off 1 of the others I scraped a few months back things are all good there the mods on the firewall are very well done, the plan is to use a 4speed auto button shift trans out of a patrol on the back of the VH45DE and build this for straight lines only

Did you ever see Shaun's R31 with VH? (before it died a horribly rolling death) I think it would be a waste to make an IRS car destined for straight-line only, get the right spring and damper settings and a 5spd box, you'd have an hilariously fun little car.

• 1 year later...
I think it's sad for me that I don't have an '83 Coupe yet. Still good project and looks like you're not likely to make it worse than it was! You'll have to do something about either getting a stock bonnet to fit or having a more subtle adjustment for the VH if you require it.

Just saw this post from back in 2011. Problem of not owning an '83 Coupe solved! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...