Hamilton: Shed kitset / building useful info or hookups?

mjrstar

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah keen to do the paint thing but want a decent quality product hat doesn't require yearly re-coats, anyone seen some good stuff that last well in a workshop or whatever?? also proper prep for the concrete, I'm thinking some sort of acid etch?

Acid etch for smoothness? Just someone to grind that shit. There's some good rubberised type paint that gets used in some of the plantrooms of buildings we design - would imagine its not cheap, given these are pretty hardcone buildings/datacentres.

Prep was just grind wash and paint.

Think its more to do with concrete strength than thickness...something like 50mpa gets bandied about (no idea what that means tbh).

This is the strength of the concrete, in this case would be either 17.5 or 20mpa, depending on thickness / reinforcing steel

• 2 weeks later...

fucken jealous i just got the permit to smash my other double garage up,

whole builds sub 2 g including permit.

hate to think the cost on that bad boy.

on paint will speak to contractors at work at the mo about some stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

have been speaking with resene about flooring paint, one lot suggested durepox and the other suggested uracryl 402

more confused than before now...

DSCF1018.jpg

A few dramas with the shed build which involved me inviting the manager of metal-craft out to my place and after a bit of discussion he agreed to all the iron being replaced.

That looks very awesome.

What happened with the iron? A good result, speaks volumes for the company, not because they gave you a poor product to begin with but because they are willing to stand by their product to the point where they will replace it.

Nice skylite lol

That looks very awesome.

What happened with the iron? A good result, speaks volumes for the company, not because they gave you a poor product to begin with but because they are willing to stand by their product to the point where they will replace it.

yea its good to hear about that

What went wrong with the iron?

That looks very awesome.

I suspect there was a bit of swarf on some part of the roll forming machine as every 700mm or so there was a small half moon shaped impact (fingernail size) which had taken the colour coating off..

They were pretty hesitant with my suggestion of replacement with and offered $200 off he said it would not affect the warranty and had not gone through the galv (like hell I was going to take that)

I compared it to spending 30+k on a new car and for it to arrive with 40-50 scratches in it.. would you accept a 200 settlement.. I doubt it.

It didn't help his cause when he arrive in a new v10 diesel VW tourag the company is not hard up and could well cover the cost of the new iron..

It has led to a bit over 2 weeks delay which is not ideal, but like you say eventually they did honour thier product, it could be a little difficult for me to claim back the extra $400 that it's cost me for the duration extension of the kitset insurance. But I will try as i think they should cover it.

Yeah Ryan skylight is now more weatherproof spec than pictured.

I wouldn't like to speculate, although I guess the longer roof bits which didn't get as far as being fastened onto the structure could be re-used. However all the side pieces have a million tek screw holes would almost certainly be rubbish bin spec.

I would have been pretty unhappy if 18 months down the track each little imperfection started to bleed the thing would look like an abortion.

• 2 weeks later...

So I have had a couple of outfits out to chat about the surface protection for the concrete, and the burglars want between $55 and $70 a square metre (plus GST) to prep and coat the floor,so it looks like i'll be doing something myself..

Dude make sure that you put a under coat on first that locks the lime from the concrete in, else it will destroy your paint. I use to use a product conveniently named lime lock. Think we use to get it from a resene shop, looks like thin white paint