Hamilton: Shed kitset / building useful info or hookups?

mjrstar

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is Mike is loling at the price you have been quoted for floor prep seeing he would see a fair bit of costs come through at work - no real joke, besides the price they are trying to charge you - esp considering they will be paying some joker a bit more than minimum wage to run the grinder-vac.

I'm LOLing at the principle of it all.

Might pay to hit up GMR Holmac - Talk to Dave McLean (07) 849 3911

Cantec has also done quite a bit of work for us in the past, talk to Tony or Paul.

They might have a cheaper alternative for you.

Pretty sure i'm just going to hit it with some acid, wash it off, jam on some sort of sealer and a couple of coats of epoxy, surely if i can paint my own car then sticking some paint on the floor should be a piece of piss.

(other than to get the floor dead level)

Is that not why you grind the floors

yeah?? do explain (am i missing a joke here), as far as i'm aware it's some massive concrete grinding machine they bring to knock the top off the concrete and give a good sufrace to adhere to?

We only grind if there's high patches in the floor, levelling compound/grout for low patches.

Only time we grind it right back is if we're doing a polished concrete floor which requires a perfect exposed aggregate finish.

We don't grind our precast before we paint it. Just 1 coat of primer, then 2 coats of paint.

On one of my projects we had precast floors on a large upper level plantroom. After all the kit was installed they ground the floor and then painted - thinking about it now, perhaps the floor needed grinding due to amount of foot traffic and crap that was trod around before it could be painted - this was for the rubberised paint I was talking aboit earlier.

• 1 month later...
What did it cost you to get the floor painted if you don't mind me asking?

It was $25 for a 5 litre of acid etch, and around $800 for the paint, as it turns out I have a fair bit left, it seemed to cover at a better rate than advertised...

I ended up going with a durepox and brought:

3X 4 litres colour

1x 4 litre of clear

1x 4 hardener

1x 4 litre reducer/thinners

The finish is not mint, but considering it's just a workshop floor I'm happy enough with it..