Where to source flat sided oval tubing?

10Speed

Give a place called Steel south Auckland a look up, edit 09 2635806, 7 Mana Place in Manukau. They may/should be able source some. They cut to length too so would save you buying a full length

I presume you know/tried the normal

Fletcher easysteel

Steel and tube

Atlas Special steels

etc

Schwing

If the big players have it in stock, the bloakes at SSA will get it in and sell you what you are after

last time I did it I priced up a length from fletchers I think at my works good discounted rate, and SSA gave me a 1M length for cheaper than the 6m length divided by 6, dont quite know how that worked out.

Went out to Steel South Auckland and no go, they have a good range but nothing oval flatsided, and they didnt want to get something in - presumably due to low demand for it...

so back to the drawing board/telephone...

Ha this topic makes me lol as I got shit for taxing a shopping trolley and cutting the legs off it to get this exact tubing!! you cant find this stuff anywhere ae and I only needed a tiny bit so trolley legs ftw!!

Will watch with intrest to see if/where you find it

Ha this topic makes me lol as I got shit for taxing a shopping trolley and cutting the legs off it to get this exact tubing!!

That's because its a douche thing to do I guess, theif. Since you only needed a tiny it wouldn't have taken too much brain power to work out how to make some.

That's because its a douche thing to do I guess, theif. Since you only needed a tiny it wouldn't have taken too much brain power to work out how to make some.

Thank you for that constructive criticism, however seeing as I am a douche i couldnt possibly work out how to make anything on my own, especially oval tube with a 3mm wall thickness that was already pre-bent to suit my application.

Maybe if you have any other enlightening things to tell me you could write them in a letter to the editor of your local paper like all the other idiots noone gives a fuck about.

Have a good day.

• 2 weeks later...

New Zealand Steel on Diana Dr, Glenfield, off wairua Rd, across from Rover (I think ) have this. Shopping trolleys cost about $600 each, stealing shit isnt cool, funny, it's just fucking lame.