the old geezers 4wd

kpr

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

those motors can handle pretrty much unlimited boost .

most i personally have seen is 42 psi .

seedys workmate/ bosses runs 28-32 .

i heart toyotas and nissans incredibly overbuilt large passenger diesel engines

still aint no race car, but goes way better with the turbo on it. more power everywhere and likes to rev more.

yeh thats the stock n/a cast manifold. just unbolted the stock 2-1 section and made that J pipe. worked out well with the twin scroll turbo.

almost finished building the exhaust - 3" drop pipe, then the rest of the system is 2.5" straight thru, no mufflers. sounds mean

still aint no race car, but goes way better with the turbo on it. more power everywhere and likes to rev more.

yeh thats the stock n/a cast manifold. just unbolted the stock 2-1 section and made that J pipe. worked out well with the twin scroll turbo.

almost finished building the exhaust - 3" drop pipe, then the rest of the system is 2.5" straight thru, no mufflers. sounds mean

you are now my best friend ...

vids with excessive black smoke or white on idle and ill come and rape you in the night

Mrs' old man has a 4.2 n/a diseasil lwb Patrol, I used to use it as my tow vehicle before I got a towbar on the coon.

Is that the same motor as in your swb?

Would love to do something like this to it, epic highwayman/dont think the lwb would be anygood offroad.

theyre ok, just HUUGE. dont fit into some places. although occasionally LWB is better over some obstacles. my flatmate did something similar on his 1HZ cruiser before putting in an LS2. it was better although ultimately still pretty slow. then it drank some water and was never quite the same.......hence the v8 conversion.

old man got me some horrible press bends to go over the diff. so to keep the flow up, decided split it into 2x 2.5" pipes half way down the truck.exits here:

Pic_0002jnk.jpg

finished airbox, has a dirty old k&n in it. seems to go bit better now its not sucking hot air.

Pic_0003jnk.jpg

Pic_0004jnk.jpg

no plans to intercool. it gets used more offroad than on. so keeping it simple, over gaining the last bit of power.

speaking of keeping it simple, i threw away the wastegate actuator today and tapped a bolt into the housing, to hold the wastegate shut. 10psi by 2500rpm and peaks at 15psi.

I remember that black flex pipe you run into the airbox. Serves me right for leaving (dumping) shit at your place

haha, that bit of pipe has had many uses. you did get that sweet bit of stainless and a crappy airfilter in return tho