kpr

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

surf was actually doing pretty good in the mud, his tyres clear better than ours. we have to be tapped out in 3rd, else its like running slicks. but yeh, the front locker is huge difference soon as hit uneven ground

• 11 months later...

hmm 1 year later.. brother owns this now, bit more mod friendly

we ditched the j pipe setup and I jammed this together.

photo0625s.jpg

photo0643s.jpg

same turbo,

photo0645s.jpg

brother mounted up the intercooler. then i made up some new pipework.

photo0650s.jpg

just waiting on some gaskets, then can jam it all together.

Oh sweet - just thinking about manifoldness for my 1UZ conversion.. Not overly keen to make an exhaust but I fear I shall have to and if I ever turbocharge in the future then it would pay to have the manifold made out of the right stuff to start with..

Oh sweet - just thinking about manifoldness for my 1UZ conversion.. Not overly keen to make an exhaust but I fear I shall have to and if I ever turbocharge in the future then it would pay to have the manifold made out of the right stuff to start with..

Depends on where you put the turbo - stock manifolds turned to face the front can be used if your putting the turbo somewhere in the front so you only need to make the pipes and collector using exhaust tube if you have some sort of decent braces to support the weight.

Depends on where you put the turbo - stock manifolds turned to face the front can be used if your putting the turbo somewhere in the front so you only need to make the pipes and collector using exhaust tube if you have some sort of decent braces to support the weight.

Oh really??

That's exactly what I wanted to do. Face the stock manifolds forward and run to a single turbo - ALA Clint's Valiant..

Hmmmm - thank you for that gem. I thought the extra thickness was required for the extra heat the turbo created..

dscf7733h.jpg

Yeh making exhaust manifolds isn't that exciting. Thin wall isn't the best option for turbo manifolds. but should be all good if you brace it like stu said.

Got truck going last night. Today; made a new drop pipe and replaced the 2.5" middle section with 3" pipe. So the whole system is 3" now.

Massive drop in EGT's. need more fuel! no idea what boost its running, should probably hook up a gauge. feels a little more laggy, but goes pretty hard for a diesel whale when its on song.

photo0654s.jpg

she aint pretty.

photo0657s.jpg

As requested :) did a few drivebys. was kinda boring, so took it out in the paddock. 2nd paddock run is in 4H, for some grip.

excuse the weak wheels/tyres.

now, i need to give this back to my brother before i break it.

• Like 1