H8V8S's kart of boredom and militarianess

Mike-e

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

will probably just roll custom discs from mark105 and bike front brake calipers - still have 2 spare. no suspension lols me. as for hubs, machine inside of wheels out and make a press fit insert keyed into the wheels.

Did Craig have a set of brakes he wasn't gonna use?

unsure, depends if vinny got onto upgrading his or not. may as just well make some bad boy ones from the get go

I think ill have to come down to said burnouts in November as this kart needs to wear the [RUSHAN] plates with pride during its skid/s

fuck yes! would be privileged to rock those bad boys

• 1 month later...
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=322827872

was guna use this.

mounting the engine beside me. maybe overhanging a lil bit.

fuck thats an awesome frame to start with, the same as mine was except less fucked and I think arrow frames have thicker and bigger diameter tubing. buy buy buy!

just throwing this engine idea out there but I reckon 2x CR500 engines would be epicly sweet, one mounted either side of the driver. this would also help eliminate axle twist. if you go for a 4cyl side mounted you'll need to throw another hanger bearing somewhere in the middle of the axle

heres some pics of my mates 750 for inspiration, he made is own frame hence the massive tubing

15762316231955033594770.jpg

15762316231975033594770.jpg

15762316231980033594770.jpg

23468101501348130050345.jpg

23468101501348130300345.jpg

Plus it looks stupid imo.

totaly agree.

two cr500 engines would be lethal. but i may just use one yz250 engine ive got here.

or a v twin so its not as wide and easier to fit beside me.

E how does the fuel work on you and your mates ones? little pump? bikes are gravity feed.

• 6 months later...

So thanks to the magic of the interweb/impulse buying and the all round lushness of Mike-e, this thing now lives in my shed.

Mr-e has agreed to stay on with the team as head of reasearch and development 8) so expect to see some all out sickness very soon (hoping to have it skidding up this weekend pending wheels/tyres).

Future plans include include full tear down and respray and harlequin colour change paint :cyclopsani:

Kidding!!!! this thing will be rolling olive drab/russian style for life!! :twisted: