Mike-e

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lets rap.

yeahhh.jpg

fuel goes from tank to pump to crabs, fills that shit and when the bowls are all topped up to the doom with gas it shits out that magic T piece back to the tank

word to your mother

Hey man sorry to hijack your thread, but im wondering if this is configuration is possible to use on a car also? i have a high pressure efi fuel pump but i have converted my car back to a carburettor setup, Needless to say im a bit worried that the pump is going to nuke to the carby and im looking for a cheap way to solve this problem.

Awesome kart by the way i've alway's wanted to build one with a 250cc 2 stroke, Aprilia rs250 :twisted:

lets rap.

yeahhh.jpg

fuel goes from tank to pump to crabs, fills that shit and when the bowls are all topped up to the doom with gas it shits out that magic T piece back to the tank

word to your mother

Hey man sorry to hijack your thread, but im wondering if this is configuration is possible to use on a car also? i have a high pressure efi fuel pump but i have converted my car back to a carburettor setup, Needless to say im a bit worried that the pump is going to nuke to the carby and im looking for a cheap way to solve this problem.

Awesome kart by the way i've alway's wanted to build one with a 250cc 2 stroke, Aprilia rs250 :twisted:

you will need to change your pump efi pump is like 40+psi a carb pump is like 4-6 psi sorta area

Chur to Brock-lee, keen as a bean for rims! will send pm (anyone coming from welly to htown for a freight run :lol: )

@ Walker.nz It would work in theory, however in reality seeing your pump is high psi (not low psi and shitty like the facit used here) i dare say it would still nuke the shit outta your carbs. Either sell and buy low psi cheapy, or get a reg and hope the pump doesnt cook itself

Quick pictureless update. By an amazing miracle I got sent to whakatane for work, and managed to catch up with mr Brock-Lee and score some wheels (massive thanks mate). So this weekends mission = clean up and paint them and hopefully get the thing rolling again.

• 1 month later...

Long time no progress :( and sadly this post isnt gonna be exciting either lol. Got gifted a set of wheels from Brock-lee but havnt been able to make use of them so far as they are two peice and require front hubs, so they have been put to the side for when i start playing round with the front disc conversion. Finally scored a sick set of Alloys tho (pick them up monday) then will probly get them powdercoated and fit em up asap!!

Then its time to beef up the front rack and stubs, and hopefully have the wiring sorted.

In the mean time.. insparation!!

Well had hoped to have this thing going but as usual nothing is ever easy. New rims do not fit kart at all :x the rears fit a different hub/stud pattern and the fronts fit a different stub axle. The good news I was given a nice set of Tonykart stubs with the wheels, and thought it would a simple swap, but no turns out the new stubs have different bearings and arnt as tall. So will require a trip to Saeco and some spacers made up for both the hub pivot and the axle where the wheel sits. On the bright side this should give me a better turning radius as the old tie rods hit the frame on lock.

I will hopefully have it rewired over the weekend anyway so all going well ill atleast have it running, even if not moving

Yeah i did consider that but the old stubs look very home made and give pretty shit leverage for the steering so the new tonykart ones are a better option (plus i went and brought the bearings) Have looked into the rear hub setup and found the kart runs a 1" axle which is aparently stupidly uncommon and not gonna work easily with my wheels so now I might have to custom machine some new rear hubs