Level7's 808 wagon

rot808

If your racing me to finish my cosmo you already won. By the time i finish that motat will be after it for there museum.

You just need to stop the other projects and finish the cosmo. :)

Finishing projects is no fun. Its about having multiple unfished projects and dreamimg of what they could look like or what other projects i can start.

RX3 nosecones arnt in fashion anymore, keep it 808. If it was mine it wouldnt have either as i would never finish it.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he was going for the savanna look. Did they also come out with 808 fronts? Or even 10a fronts?

What happened to your vtec morris? Have you seen progress of it?

Sold the morris last year, unfinished like all my projects, havnt heard from the guy since.

12a front is on.

Was going to resto it as an 808, but couldn't help but sit the 12a front on.. after that it was all over, badges, trim other bits... couldn't help myself.

Still has the 808 interior in it, but got all the RX3 interior sitting in storage, might put it in to.

Andrew you have finished heaps of cars, you just need to keep one you have finished! or finish one of the ones you have kept.. :)

on the topic of finished vs unfinished, i roll with the same thoughts as andrew. I start a million things at once and dont really finish anything. I think for me i have so much fun dreaming up new and more complicated ways to do things that it seems a shame to finally do it, settling on just one idea which is usually not the way i wanted to anyway do it due to lack of time and or money.

on the topic of finished vs unfinished, i roll with the same thoughts as andrew. I start a million things at once and dont really finish anything. I think for me i have so much fun dreaming up new and more complicated ways to do things that it seems a shame to finally do it, settling on just one idea which is usually not the way i wanted to anyway do it due to lack of time and or money.

Think the saying is "It is better to shoot for the stars and miss, than aim at the gutter and hit it." or something like that.

Yeah i used to be like that, now just give up on putting the 26b PP turbo bla bla ahead of time, as i know in reality that isn't going to happen right now, and I hate waiting.

I kind of see my car finished before i even start it, try to stay focused on one small task rather than being overwelmed by the 12000 parts i've got to sand, or paint strip, better to just focus on the one door/guard whatever you're doing.

Think this car shit is a total waste of life sometimes. This is definitely the last car i'm ever building, very over spending 100's of hours of spare time choking on paint dust.

I'd rather just go to the beach for a surf or go snowboarding. :D

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Still has the 808 interior in it, but got all the RX3 interior sitting in storage, might put it in to.

hey man, recently got one similiar, but am keeping 808, its got amazing interior, but was wondering whats the difference between 808 and rx3 wagon interior? or just dash and centre?

Hey, they are actually quite different, the steel dash frame that bolts to the firewall has is different, this has a larger opening to suit the large rx3 centre dash panel that houses all the extra gauges, oil presure, amps fuel etc. The glovebox and plastic around the speedo are the same, just the RX3 has the taco + rev limit buzzer.. In behind. The dash Air vents are chrome plated on the RX3's. The sedans have the center console down to around the handbreak, the coupes and wagons an extra box that sits above the handbreak. RX3's have differnet door panels, they go right up over the coloured panel on the inside of the doors, seats are different, even the window winders on the rx3's had a chrome insert in the centre of the winder..

Then jap spec RX3's - Savanna's are are all different again from the US, AU and NZ spec interiors.

Finding any interior RX3 parts now it just about impossible, even most of the RX3's don't seem to have half there bits. :?

NZ RX3 interior

dash1.jpg

Various Jap Savanna interiors

dash2s.jpg

cheers for the info, god dam the savana interior is nice, loving the factory gauges. I want to try and find that parcel tray between shifter surround part and dash on the nz rx3 pic. not much of a fan of the door trims that go up to the window though. i have a chrome strip on the door trim which will do. now all i need to do is get my demister and what not hooked up without the fuss in the engine bay....

good luck with your build anyways, looks amazing, but fully understand the $10k engine comment