Joe's boy scout chopper

Goat

SO yea, seeing everyone is putting up bike threads. I may aswell show what ive been up to in the bike department.

Have been spending my evenings playing GTA4 and watchin movies. Rather unproductive. So i went and had a look around and found an old bike, a villiers engine, and some steel table legs, and set to work making this instead:

No detailed build pics as such. Have just been going hard and not taking photos. Got a bit more to do, whitewalls, mudguards, finish seat strip frame to bare metal, sort out fuel line, brake cable and handlebars. Should be done next week or so. My god its going to be dangerous.....

img2189.jpg

Just has a bicycle grabber brake on the back!?! Lushly shit

img2208.jpg

Straight pipe ftw. Louder than a shotgun. jeah!

img2209s.jpg

img2207jz.jpg

img2211i.jpg

Should be good fun :D

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still to figure that out. hah

Happy with grabber brakes. One can drive it knowing the brakes are shit. Should still be able to lock it up though...

Standard wheels are fine, just need non knobbly, white wall tyres and it should look better.

Needs heaps of finishing touches

Its based on a picture i printed off ages ago. And have had pinned in the shed.

Just made it on standard pipe bender using 27mm galve pipe for base and front of frame. also the forks. Used the table legs for the backbone. There a 4 in there. 2 per run.

Its been fun making it. Lots of welding burns. hah

Yea. You have plenty to do to it me ol' china. Nudge nudge

For tripple clamps i just cut and drilled some 8mm plate, then got some pipe that was ever so slightly bigger than my forks. Welded that into the cut grooves in either side. Cut a sliver out of the wider pipe, welded on 2 nuts, one bigger than the bolt, to either side of the cut. So it can be wound up and pinched, haggard as, but i couldn't be fucked making anything fancy, they work, look like a seagulls shit, but it was easy...

So at end of today, i just have to finish fuel line, chain, and brake cable. Then its testing time.

img2227v.jpg

Then all i got to do is mudguards, and a good sandblast + crc + hose off and leave for nature to add its glorious patina