Seedy Al's 1988 Suzuki Carry Van

Seedy Al

So hey guys, oh my god, I havnt posted in one of these in like forever.

But trust me I have been busy, but thats not important right now haha

So, this is my recently aquired 1988 Suzuki Carry van, got it cheapish, blown head gasket, no wof but stilled regged, has been a service vehicle for something. so probaly thrashed prime time haha

But still, will be mean, so far have pulled off head and found that the water has been pushing past blown BHG and corrded head into the cylinders, so sorting that out now

other small issues currently include driver window reg stuffed, so pulled that out today, and welded up the stripped teeth on the gear, next will be to sort out the play in the spindle and reshape the teeth

Will be max awsome

so heres some pics, will get pics of work tomorroe

P1010023.jpg

P1010025.jpg

Jeah boojds

CDL

haha brings back sooooooooo many memories of this beast

P1010113.jpg

Also, have this set of rims, 13 x 6.5 and 13 x 6. But not really the style im after.

(know of a set of 12.5 comerical rims with tires for sale. so thats a possibilty)

62443107_full.jpg

And this is mean insperation

83e4.jpg

Allan

Not much of an update

Cam is picking me up a head of CXGpwr this weekend so hopefully its better than the one i have, and if so will get checked and decked

Also the window winder on the drivers side was shot, so pulled it apart, found flogged out spindle bush, which had caused the teeth on the gear to flatten

So welded up the teeth and will reshape with grinder and files

And get bush remade

yum

reg01.jpg

Welding them Up I clamped a flat peice of alloy on the back to keep shape, as mig steel wont weld well to alloy. and then flipped over and Oxy weled the other side to get heat and good penration on then

reg02.jpg

reg04.jpg

And this yuck engine bay

engine04.jpg

Allan

haha, have always dreamed of mega engine uki

Anyway dropped head off and looks like its just a hole in the core plugs that has caused the problem, apprently pretty common, will find out tomorrow

Anyway, just been plotting away at the window reg today

suzukireg01.jpg

suzukireg02.jpg

And would be so keen on 12's but mega HARD to find etc

Allan