R100's V8 subaru legacy

R100

Just finished building this for a mate. Its a 1995 Legacy wagon.

Standard Toyota 1UZ with auto and factory ECU running both engine and trans.

RWD only running standard suby diff (yet to see how long it lasts)

Been cruzing round in it allday. Runs and handles great.

Sounds like a dirty old HQ with its 3" exhaust and single rear muffler.

Been building it with certifier keeping a close look and so far hes happy.

Will post up some finished pics in the next few days.

trademejuly009.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like an interesting conversion - I guess putting a V8 into a Subaru makes sense - their motors are already longitudinal and they have plenty of space between the chassis rails and they already have a bit of a trans tunnel to begin with.

Heard about v8 (nissan vh) imprezza in Auckland that handled terribly due to bumpsteer from spacing down crossmember. Driver managed to crash it on the motorway and killed his mate in passenger seat.

THink the nissan v8 was too tall to fit in with bonnet on or somesuch. Lexus shorter i guess?

Not bad!

I was sent photos of one up north running a lexus but through the stock AWD gearbox.

Personally I would run a VVTi EZ36 flat 6 from a late Legacy -Well no personally I ran a forged EJ205 and VF35 lol

A 2 door eg33 impreza RWD with toyota 5 speed conversion is on my list of things to do....

Not bad!

I was sent photos of one up north running a lexus but through the stock AWD gearbox.

Personally I would run a VVTi EZ36 flat 6 from a late Legacy -Well no personally I ran a forged EJ205 and VF35 lol

A 2 door eg33 impreza RWD with toyota 5 speed conversion is on my list of things to do....

NICE!!!

I always wanted to do a Impreza hatch 2 door conversion* with a eg33, if only money was no object lol

*GF8 hatch with the doors, pillars, sills and rear panel work from a GC8 2 door.

Heard about v8 (nissan vh) imprezza in Auckland that handled terribly due to bumpsteer from spacing down crossmember. Driver managed to crash it on the motorway and killed his mate in passenger seat.

THink the nissan v8 was too tall to fit in with bonnet on or somesuch. Lexus shorter i guess?

nissan v8's are about a 1m cubed much bigger then a lexus

was that in papakura???

rotors have been put into just about everything under the sun.

its quite funny cos people buy a $500 car and put a rotor in it and expect

$10000 atleast... :lol:

over rotors...

getting an itch to get a v8....more of a hot rod than a sporty v8..

family cruiser....should be all good..

legacy conversions make sense,cos as soon as you dissable the 4wd they handle real

well,and lots of aftermarket gear for them..good size engine bay and tunnel.

the weak part would be the diff..but ive seen skyline diffs put in these to make them a wee bit

more reliable.

Subaru rear diff should be able to take a bit of shit, they are R180s so same as non turbo skylines and laurels etc i think. Maybe wont last that long behind lexus with sticky tyres.

An R200 should be a pretty easy swap though, and they are strong and easy to get LSD's for.

Subaru rear diff will not be able to take a bit of shit, they are R160s, deff won't last that long behind lexus with sticky tyres

Fixed a bit

Some/most STi's had R180s but Legacy's should have R160s, it will need a custom rear subframe to fit an R200

R200%20Subframe%20in%20car%20closeup.JPG

/\ Is a R200 from a J30 Leopard in a hacked Grandwagon subframe, most of the R200 conversions I have seen use a custom tube subframe.

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f8/t105825-rwd-thread.html

r160 are rl srtong if they are locked lol.

r180's arnt any stronger then 160 in open form they have the same sized spiders pretty much and both have the weak 2 pinion type .

r180lsds are stronger but no stronger then a r160 lsd etc .

r200 rule weigh about 26kg and look near indestractable lol (get back to you on that)

r160 are rl srtong if they are locked lol.

r180's arnt any stronger then 160 in open form they have the same sized spiders pretty much and both have the weak 2 pinion type .

r180lsds are stronger but no stronger then a r160 lsd etc .

r200 rule weigh about 26kg and look near indestractable lol (get back to you on that)

Did you find an R200 bro?