Giant forehead transportation device

fuel

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha I remember seeing a pic of your engine bay years ago when you got your carbs on there. Fuck it was filth. I'm sure you couldn't even see the paint anywhere

I've always had a thing for a clean bay, it's easy to do, and gives a mean sense of achievement when done. problem is, it's easy to fuck up wiring and shit too though, as I discovered on the Sigma. Had to blow out the carb on it as I was doing D1s on an empty tank, and decided to move some of the loom to keep it tidy. Got it all back together and when I turned the key nothing happened :lol:

Had to wire in a shitty plastic switch from dick smith, which shorted out the starter. Had no idea what Amps and Voltage really meant back then, except it was good not to have too many of either :lol: Fucking ghetto-est setup ever, bet Spencer had a lol when he bought it off me

Usually die grinders come with stones, but if it didn't then try trademe. I've got a few off there or maybe try some hardware stores.

Just get those pink/blue bastards. If you want to take some decent meat off anywhere get a carbide bit. the pink/blue ones are usually cheap.

Points dizzy in a 4g63? Don't see to many of those.... Have a hunt around for an electronic one (not optical), should work with just a new coil and no ballast. Will needs to check the vac advance isnt fucked though, as they almost always are, getting that rebuilt isnt to expensive though.

Checked at work today and your cover hasent left yet, will call first thing tomorrow and get the lazy bastards to send it.

Points dizzy in a 4g63? Don't see to many of those.... Have a hunt around for an electronic one (not optical), should work with just a new coil and no ballast. Will needs to check the vac advance isnt fucked though, as they almost always are, getting that rebuilt isnt to expensive though.

Checked at work today and your cover hasent left yet, will call first thing tomorrow and get the lazy bastards to send it.

the 4g63 in my lancer had points. found a magnetic one that needs a rebuild

Points will do. Cunts charge like $80 for electronic stz so fuck that. That's what I want to spend on an engine.

Cheers for the link ky. Was meant to take cam and shit off tonight but stayed late at work and now I'm drunk, and need to take a shit

That weld is curious, surely it was done early in the life of the head though as I would have imagine that the kind of engine it is would have ha a large area of time where it was cheaper to buy a replacement whole engine than to have the head welded to repair anything.