Simon

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cefiro's are IRS?

Yes and also have AIDS and I know they don't have Panhard rods

"But" the aligment still effected how everything sat once it was all aligned properly

Thats why I advise getting the adjustable panhard rod fitted and having a decent alignment done before you start making flares so that you don't go and make flares and then get and alignment then find out whoa, i need to move my diff 5 mil to the left to make sure it is centred, and wow nothing lines up now and my flares look stupid becasue I have made them for a diff that wasn't centred and it has resulted in me making a wider flare on one side than the other

Ahh, I just put the LF starlet guard on the RR and it fits a lot better. I guess this is what KPR did.

Mean.

lol, reading through I was gunna say try the opposite sides front guard - seems to make sense in my head due to orientation of bumpers etc

Is the arch diameter from the starlet roughly the same as your corona? appears to be in pics

Oh yeah.... Wanna borrow mig to tack them on?

Dad has a nice little portable one at work.

Will keep that in mind though cheers mate :D

Ahh, I just put the LF starlet guard on the RR and it fits a lot better. I guess this is what KPR did.

Mean.

lol, reading through I was gunna say try the opposite sides front guard - seems to make sense in my head due to orientation of bumpers etc

Is the arch diameter from the starlet roughly the same as your corona? appears to be in pics

1042178.jpg

Yeah, they are pretty much perfect!

It definitely fits much better with the sides swapped.

Will still take a lot of adjustments.

I will get some other struts in the front and slam to the height it want it with the panhard rod in before I even start tacking anything in place. And I got a feeling that it will be untacked and replaced a few times too.

I spent a year and a half cutting rust out of the AW11 and fixing dents to paint it black which turned out well. So I'm not scared of doing body work.

Got pretty good with bog in the end lol.

Thanks for the encouragements.

For the front guards I'm just going to pull the lip out and do lots of hammer and dolly beatings.

yeh i flipped mine left to right as well. front guards i made an extra long bracket that sits just in front of the tyre and pushes the guard out around 20mm. unstitched a few of the spot welds to alow the guard to come out as well. probably wont work on yours, looking at your guard design, but maybe worth a go.

/giz those tyres

• 2 weeks later...

Hey bro!

Na I don't think there is off the shelf stuff with the chassis code. If there is it will be $$$$. Have never seen them.

Ae86 corolla stuff is very similar and everywhere. It would probably bolt up on the rear and im sure the bottom of front bottom mounts bolt up. Strut towers may need drilling etc. Im not 100%.

Im getting mine built because I did a deal with the engineer an a can go real low. Some bought coilovers dont wind right down with the original springs.

So just waiting for engineer to finish sasu and I wil whack it in for cert.

what you did with the centres looks awesome by the way to man, (never thought of anything besides a straight colour, tidy!)

so what'd you mean when you said, ?

Oh hay bro,

Best way is straight up branded coilovers front and rear.

This is also the most spendy option. ???

cos the jap guys on gogo6171 seem to be running 'ae92 inserts, (must be custom coilovers) w/ adjst top hats, and ae86 rear shocks'.. (From what i get with japanese / av translation to eng)

so i'll probably just try do something similar to that/you, (just that i thought you made it sound like you could get off the shelf coilovers, and i was thinking, 'sweet that saves alota hassle, even if it means $$$ it'd be all done and mint')

is the corona just sitting on chops atm??

When do you get front suspension and adjst panhard rod?

You guys in kiwiland don't seem to like using anything but whole branded coilover kits :? Anyways, this is how we do it in australia, you buy these in a 51mm inner diameter; http://www.otomoto.com.au/HDSystems/sleevekits.htm you cut down your standard toyota struts to the height of the aftermarket ae92 inserts (most add spacers underneath the shocks) and then you weld the sleeves to the stock strut. This way you get to keep your standard hub and brake caliper spacing (which is compatible with all the skyline brake calipers if you own an _a6_ celica or _t14_ corona) and I'm pretty sure this is the way the japs do it. Then you buy yourself S13 silvia camber tops and as said earlier ae86 shocks for the rear. I'd say this would come out cheaper then branded coilovers (maybe not the china-spec ones)