Simon's 1983 ST140 Corona coupe.

Simon

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay I just had a look at the BC stuff and since you weld onto your current struts they will be good. I thought they were like this; http://www.otomoto.com.au/linx.htm#AE86 If you get the ae86 BC ones try and get them with S13 tops (S13 are same spacing as _A6_/_T14_) on them from the factory, re-drilling top holes is just a little dodgy

Yeah, thanks Markku. I hate this topic because no one ever reads entire discussions.

I'm using mx73 struts mainly for the huge brake upgrade. This opens up possibilities for big engine conversions later.

It's just a bonus that it pulls the wheel in a bit (maybe too much as rotor hits LCA at full slam but can be fixed with Gary grinder).

I'm using AE101 or 92 or something adj top hats.

I'm doing this because they were cheap and are what I need...

I need to re drill the top hat holes but that doesn't matter.

I'm going to end up running the top hats backwards to allow me to pull the shock shaft damn near touching the engine side of the strut tower.

I'm doing this because the mx73 struts give more positive camber than the standard ones. And also I <3 camber. Need it as well, to get 9's under the guards with minimal rolling.

There is no quick fix answer to this question because every car is different, then you have different situations for different people.

I'm building mine because I have an engineer that owes me, hook ups with both new shock inserts and coil-over springs. Engineer will make sleeves to fit case and nuts perfect and I got a set of nuts for like $20 (<3 bubblegoose).

It's going to cost you either way.

In your situation Tarren, I would just keep a look out for branded coil-overs that have been in something like s13 or another Toyota. Then you only need minor modifications by an engineer. Its a bitch trying to build things from scratch.

And an update on my car.... I just got back from holiday, and have been longing to get my shit done lol.

And yeah, I left the MR2 behind the Corona which was sitting sills on concrete which was sitting behind the mx73 on blocks.

Then hid the wheels so no one can take the cars. Kind of hard to lift a car off its belly with a scissor jack.

Also took those flashy wheels off the property completely.

Not having no mofo take my shit! Bastards took my hose and wheel barrow...

When you are asking favors you cant expect things done fast so I suspect the engineer has done nothing on the suspension. I will go into his work and do the panhard rod and rear shocks myself when I get time.

Then I can center the rear and start guard body work.

After I have all the body work sorted ill paint it. Need minor rust work before it gets over the top.

Will be "Old English White" colour. Like this but maybe a bit less cream:

jag04.jpg

Might do some crazy jap stz stickers with a spray can before I paint it properly for lolz.

Like the circle but with old toyota logo in it.

Keen for the side stripe but it's pretty cliche.

Not that that matters to the public, they would have never seen it haha.

May do big rising sun on the roof or boot.

ph2007rd01no017b8898903.jpg

[/talking]

Lols

Would make a good wedding car haha. Low for easy access.

Also, thanks a fucking lot dad for stacking the wheels on top of each other then emptying a fucking container of sand paper into them. As you can imagine you cant stack wheels with stretched tyres. My perfect polished lip is now all grazed up on all but one.

FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

some good news though, went to engineer today and he has panhard rod nearly done and rear shocks already shortened.

Should have it by the end of the week.

Fucksake.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1750?

yes difficultly very much..

can you sort me some from yahoo jp?

i have no idea how to use it

found out that the wheels i really fuckin' like are 'Fukasureshingu'

and coludnt find anything on/ aobut them them found/worked out that translates to 'FOCUS / Focus racing'.

makes sense when you read it slowly

so if i cant tempt you out of yours with cashmoney you just gotta find me a wide set of them on yahoo haha

haha yea thought that was gona be the case....

not surprised, so you something about them then? jsut think they look the fucking best on mrkII's,

$1750 simon...?????? :)

haha nah

I want to at least roll them before I sell them.

Ask me in 6 months.

haha fair enough

I eagerly await the next 6months to fly by...

Marcus told me he broguht a JZZ30 for qutie cheap and came out to yours and showed you,

is it pretty tidy?

any progress on your beast/s of late or too busy?

Haha yeah It popped up in trade me and I told him he had to buy it.

Done 170k but you would think its done 100.

Inside is very tidy. Almost like new. Has a screw hole in the dash from some dick with a boost gauge though...

Its got a boost tap in it so gets up and goes well while being reliable. Good car.

Still waiting on the engineer to finish my front struts for the corona.

And mate crashed my mr2 if you didn't see. So we cutting to front off and welding another on on Sunday.

Iv gone halves in a AE85 drift hack too, so got to get that going. Decided to take fast to the track instead of thrashing and crashing our own cars on the streets. Going to use the MR2 4AGE in the 85 with emphasis on cooling and strength so it can be thrashed all day long. Got all the parts needed to convert.

You still rolling yours standy?

oh you put him onto it, ahah shoulda figured.

Haha have you guys wound the boost up on her?

1jz's are mad cool, got a mag the other day with a guys cheap drift/daily jzx81mrkII that made 320hp atw with only exhaust and intake done to it i think,dam thats good cant argue with that power.

mr2 stack? Oh no fuck!, I didnt know that!!! gay, that sucks!

who is to be held responsible??

Yea, still rolling mine standy, got too many cars haha, and focusing on the r32 to get it

sold at the mo....

was gonna suss out ae92 inserts for front, 86 shocks for rear but i'll focus on her later i think..

...and focusing on the r32 to get it

sold.....

32 takes my small effort put into motor vehicles currently,

Done wof, reg windscreen crack (didnt need to be done just wanted it to be percy)

steering rack boots, tie rod end, arieal converter (cos nissan had a wack plug? solution was $5 new

off tradme though lol) + maybe some other small things?

BRAND NEW 3" Stainless SUS304? exhaust (sounded wicked without one :D )

and found a decent amount of rust in patches under that plastic gutter trap at bottom of winscreen/top of firewall...

guttered... got dean on the job and we mowed it out at his work *CAT) i measured templated and cut out the shapes

needed, he welded.

O and i think i might be crazy.. new purchase just tonight, fucking expensive but still all good, got a set of Work Meister 's 17x8" and x9" so they'll do nicely on whatever big new-ish beast i get next.....

Really want jzx-hundy chase, but so so fuckin' expensive!! might roll a nissan again then hold out for a decent chaser..

got offered a mint as, 75km on the clock, completely stock r34 SEDAN GT-T through trademe for a really good price which is tempting,but cant contact him now...

AE85 idea is awesome, Who are you 'taking on that venture' with? Markku?

Sure it'll be wicked little track car, i hear those Chassis are amazing, nimble little things.?

• 3 weeks later...