Simon's 1983 ST140 Corona coupe.

Simon

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

put a 1jz in the fucking thing and put your feet up.

safe in the knowledge that you will rule at everything effortlessly.

I went to a track day once, where this 4aged powered thing was keeping up with a 1jzgte powered car, yet a 4age is nearly half the CC's, and has no turbo. It also weights way less, and is way cheaper than a 1jz. So what you're really saying is, get a 4age?

:mrgreen:

Please dont hurt me.

put a 1jz in the fucking thing and put your feet up.

safe in the knowledge that you will rule at everything effortlessly.

I went to a track day once, where this 4aged powered thing was keeping up with a 1jzgte powered car, yet a 4age is nearly half the CC's, and has no turbo. It also weights way less, and is way cheaper than a 1jz. So what you're really saying is, get a 4age?

:mrgreen:

Please dont hurt me.

eukarzngity_ill_stab_you_cunt.jpg

:lol: You would sooner see me put a 2zz in it than a 4age or an SR20, 4ages are good but I'm over them.

@ who ever mentioned ct20b, yeah I have one that was supposed to come with the motor but WAYNE was supposed to be rebuilding it. I kept asking him about it but it was pretty clear that he sold it or lost it or something. Even just to get it back un rebuilt but no.

3s yuck

3s+ rwd =

pic of munted bearing

I might be missing something but how does a motor do that if it has sufficient oil pressure?

Surly all you have to do is maintain oil pressure and if it goes away, stop what ever you are doing and make it have oil pressure.

What some of the guys have done is just drill extra drain holes in the side of the head / cover and run them down into the sump externally. One at back of motor and one between 2 and 3 cyls.

I like this motor because it's relatively small, light and makes decent power, but most of all Its sitting on my garage floor complete and I know that it's a good motor.

But I will see how it fits in the hole. If I get this extra car it has a rooted bonnet so I'd bore a hole in it. Theres inlet manifold height problem fixed :lol:

Just secured 3 months of work at a heavy engineering shop so after hours access to everything I could ever need will make things easy.

Will try bust out a lot of parts while there.

Also that Coupe up north does still have gearbox so will scoop that up sometime in the next few weeks. It will have to sit out in storage for a bit while I clean up home. Need to keep parents / dad happy which is fare enough, don't know how he puts up with my car shit everywhere haha.

Grab the 18rg too?

Yeah, but that will go straight on trade me.

The only thing good about those motors is that they look sick with twin carbs on...

Between Truenotch and I we have a fuck load of old and new gen 3S parts and a lot of tig welders / shit bonnets, you get it.

Gonna be mild pissed if I can't make this work.

Shit is just falling into place thank god.

I would be very surprised!

I'm just about to test fit the motor after lunch but I still need the W55 in the car that is up in Whakatane.

I think I will just run the T series diff in it. I got a spare one haha and two spare diff heads.

Also been doing a bit of thinking / chatting. Might put IRS in bagged coupe.

But don't want to run Hilux in a skid car because they are sooo heavy and over kill for a standard 3sgte.

Probably just end up getting a solid F series from an estima when I have no t series diff parts left lol.

So yeah,

Glad I gave it a shot and especially before yanking the motor out of the other one.

Going to abandon this one. Its just above the too hard line. Main issues are inlet being too high / throttle body in wrong position for cable, turbo facing into cabin, dizzy and water pipes hitting firewall and basically everything being in the wrong place like wires etc which is understandable because the motor was never meant to be in RWD.

So going to flick it like a stiff nipple and maybe tomorrow I will test fit the 1uz in there. Could end up buying another. Probably go first gen for thrashability and if I ever wanted boost.

Biggest issue with uzi is exhausts. But will have to do it in the other one anyway so would be good to have a practice run.

Will keep G series diff for if I go 1uz.