Simon's 1983 ST140 Corona coupe.

Simon

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it's not OTT.

I emailed Auto Glass, added that I want to fit it myself after exams haha.

Referring to your last update - have you still got the old Auto Trans from your 1UZ you picked up?

Give you scrap value + $20 for it?

Yeah sounds good. Has done 113 kays and comes with torque converter and the rubber isolation thing.

What's scrap? $5?

That + 20 will get me a box of bourbs, mint.

Does it need a specific version of computer to run it or can any 1UZ computer run it?

I'm thinking loosely about a 1UZ and auto in the Commy - if I can get a low milage good condition auto for this price then that just does me well to get it for stock..

Does it need a specific version of computer to run it or can any 1UZ computer run it?

I'm thinking loosely about a 1UZ and auto in the Commy - if I can get a low milage good condition auto for this price then that just does me well to get it for stock..

Err, pass.

I don't know anything about the automatic side of the 1uz. All I know is that I will need to feed an electronic speed input into it to make it think the box is still there. Either that or trick it.

I know that the early early motors had separate ecu to atc units and that the late model ones combined them. Not sure if they completely combined them or what they did.

Spank D will know.

KK there are several different A340/341 etc versions with different valve body setups and plugs, pretty sure all UZ boxes used the PWM controled line pressure

When you look at buying a UZ get one with the box and ECU so you get stuff that all plugs up. For $20 though I would grab it though, at worst if your box is shit you will have to swap the valve body and a few bits over

Try Manawatu Auto Glass too. Sometimes the small outfits have more flexibility for GC's.

$388.70

Guess it's the going rate. Perspective must have been twisted from all the people I have heard getting screens for like $150.

Perks / fagness of driving new school gay I suppose.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
who this?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-par ... 738974.htm

Someone else on the build

No idea but could be Hugos old car.

Shit that's a lot of bog!

Side mirrors look gross on these.

I'm thinking about putting my 3sgte in coupe B for summer track skids and just run my coilovers and put some 4x4 springs in rear but unsure if my T50 will hold it.

Is basically a complete bolt up.

Still deciding.

[

I'm thinking about putting my 3sgte in coupe B for summer track skids and just run my coilovers and put some 4x4 springs in rear but unsure if my T50 will hold it.

Still deciding.

Would be so sweet.

just Use a shit clutch so it lets go before the box :D

[

Still deciding.

Would be so sweet.

just Use a shit clutch so it lets go before the box :D

Haha it's got a brand new on it.

Will see how things pan out. Will need to sticker bomb a bit of the windscreen cos of a crack...