Bizzo's RN35 Toyota Hilux

mikuni

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol you are missing the picture dave. It is already a rear sump! The notch in the sway bar is not the main concern, it's the center link for the steering at the front.

Ky, I could possibly mount it a bit higher, but would be preferable to keep it where it is. Just seeing if this is a possibility/what can be done to the center link as it sits very high at the moment relative to the cross memeber

Yeah for sure, I'm just thinking in terms of over-all requirement for modification, if adding 10mm to a mount gains sufficient clearance it is probably the most cost effective option? Maybe flick ol' Clint an email re: modification of that component. I have a nagging thing in the back of my noggin telling me it's a no-no though, hence trying to think of alternative viable options

we should just sand cast a new one and sell them for profit

Now there is an idea!

Im guessing the 3rz must be a super tall engine for you to have issues with it fouling the sway bar too.

Have a look at the sump setup from a 3rz granvia van to see if its any different to a hilux one?

Ummm fairly tall but not super. Relitive to the body I guess it is. Have not checked Granvia van but will do

Rack & pinion conversion??

Hmmm had not crossed my mind but might be more of a headache??

This though crossed my mind too when I was figuring out how to set up my lux. R32 skyline steering rack looked like it could be a goer from the rough test fit I did with one.

Prolly a heap easier to get the sump modded and a new sway bar bent up

from a cert point of view, you cant modify that part

rack would be no better as it would have to be in the same place anyway, unless you make new steering arms to drop the whole deal down.

you could make a new one but its probably less drama to make a sump that fits instead

from a cert point of view, you cant modify that part

rack would be no better as it would have to be in the same place anyway, unless you make new steering arms to drop the whole deal down.

you could make a new one but its probably less drama to make a sump that fits instead

So, cannot modify the original part, but can make a new replacement?

Hmmm an option but I think you're right Clint, stick with raising the motor a touch and modding the sump will be the easier option..

Will get some better photos on the weekend!

• Like 1