Bizzo's RN35 Toyota Hilux

mikuni

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, stoked to see you scored a new bed for your truck, is that from API?

Yea man from API. Took a while to say the least haha but worth it as the old one was jsut too rotten. It is what it is tho - cheap Thai reproduction. Thin steel, hori cuts, sharp endges, slightly warped panels from welding etc etc. Plan is to flip it over this weekend and paint underneith and the front. That way I can chuck it back on and work on the rest of it with it bolted up.

Heh yea looks pretty lol as is Al. There is a heads worth of room in that rear guard gap hahaha.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Vintage Grumble

Ha, took me four attempts to get a wof on mine also, drums were wonky from sitting with the hand brake on for 8 years. LOOKING GOOOOD.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Was going to update my thread with some photos I collected but my computer shat itself/isnt turning on anymore..

Got it to Nats in April like this:

901960_10151342396947131_1251833325_o.jp

(thanks to SnoozinRichy for the fantastic photo)

Been driving it round but one of the 8" tridents had a leak so chucked the falcon steels back on. Has been doing alright on daily duties. Done a load to scrap etc.

Got a new bumper to chuck on it and also bought 3RZ and 5 speed box for betterness. 

Needs a wof soon so might have to raise up the front and chuck in a new headlight..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...