Bizzo's RN35 Toyota Hilux

mikuni

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Fuck yes I've been waiting for that. Thanks bizzo, it's always good to see what someone else is doing with these old crumps.

Do you have plans for a brake upgrade once you are RZ RZZZZing around?

Haha cheers man. No plans on brake upgrade at this stage as it stops pretty well with the standy setup.

Will have to chuck the tridents back on once it is a runner again!

As yours was originally the 40 model, do you have disks in the front?

Mine is a 35 model, SWB. It's fairly late, being an 85, so has the disks on the front. I take it your lux has drums at the front? If you were ever thinking of converting it, and wanted to go lower, the *N50 series stuff bolts in the front (you needa rob a fair amount from a donor tho). That way you can run drop spindles too but the problem with that is you need 15" or larger rims. I'm not keen on anything bigger than 14" and will bag it one day so haven't really looked into it too much.

This joker here swapped a bunch and his RN40 has to be the lowest static drop I've seen. http://www.toyotaminis.com/forum/build-up-project-threads-21/79-hilux-v2-16023/index9.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by hood viewpost.gif
Nice n low! Awesome good stuff.

What parts did you use for the front suspension swap?

For the front suspension swap I used 88 upper arms, spindles, hubs, rotors, calipers, caster rods, upper ball joints and end links. I used 92' lower arms and lower ball joints. Stock torsion ends. I did the lower BJ flip and added 1/4" spacers on top. Also threw in 4x4 torsion bars from 79-83 to stiffen the ride height. Along with all the lowness bumpstops were pulled and toxic shocks for an S10(shorter) were thrown in.

sheeeeiiiiiiiitt. I'm gonna owe you $20. This slow engine conversion race has a leader out in front. By miles.

Lol, and Ogre got the XE too. At least you're leading in the sweet garage race. Sheeeeeit.

ps thanks for the kind comments guys. Will be a great ute!

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Hey Bizzo

Any updates on the engine swap or other progress?

I have decided I'm going to go down the 3RZ route in my 82 model. The truck needs a gear box replacement and re wire so why not an engine swap haha. I originally planned to drop in a 3RZ into my bagged 94 but I think the older model will be suitable as I plan to daily it.

Cheers

Unfortunately not hood. Just bought a house and have no garage for it yet so it's living it rough.

Don't want the tray to start rusting away in the rain; the Thai primer is rubbish and the stripes were jsut a temp thing for nats so I bare metaled the passenger side this weekend and put a couple thick coats of etch primer on there for the moment. Will do the drivers side and the tailgate start of May - studying from now til then.

Seedy Al did a good job on the gearbox mount modification so will have to get him back round so we can have another tutu chucking this engine in.

Good to hear you are going down the 3RZ route as well! I went for a cane in a latemodel 3RZ Hiace and man it has some pull. Torque ++

• Like 1