toyabusa's Hayabusa Starlet

mikuni

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

shweeeeeeet car man

have thought many time about wanting to do a bike motor, my scare was always reverse though. Then someone told me about this and how you are using the 4k box also, sweet idea, like real sweet, could be cool sometime for some pics on what the shaft into the box etc looks like and stuff

but good work man :D

Allan

• 3 weeks later...

fuck man, i hope you can get it back together in time for this weekend.

were you even planing to be a toupo for the nats? i had the impression you were.

anyway, i was looking forward to seeing your car on the track and having a fang around behind you.

hope you get it together real soon.

sheepers.

yea was kinda expecting the g/box to shit itself before this happened. ive been changing the oil and filter really often and giving it the best chance i could.

there are a lot of options now, i was planning on turbo in the future, can get stroker cranks etc, just money will hold it up.

Yea no way thats rod strech these have very stout rods yould take real good over rev. You think it could be oiling issues now the motor runs N-S?? even in bikes busa's are known for oiling issues that cause big end damage. Theres all sorts of after market bits to sort the oiling system out

yea the start of the damage is def bearing wear, wen we first got it up and running i was supplied some oil hose to run to the oil cooler, at the first event it stretched and came off the barb fitting ( not ment to run hose clamps apparently ) causing the oil press light to come on. I caught it real quick and turned it off.

befor the next run we shortened up the lines and put hose clamps on, this just caused it to burst and again the light came on and luckily i turned it off quickly again.

turns out i was supplied a bad batch!! its got stainless braid now so thats that sorted, but have to think it wasnt the best for it and now this has happened its kinda making me wonder.

the bike had 16,000km on the clock wen I got it and dont know the service history, it has been in the car about 2 years and just been constantly thrashed so i probly should have pulled it down earlyer. its just so hard wen they're going so good and theres no reason.

wen i build it this time we will be looking into improving oil system and not taking anything for granted. the plan was always to turbo it in the future so it will be built as bullet proof as possible now and the aftermarket parts available are endless ( but so are there prices )

• 2 years later...

Wow- I missed seeing this build and shit what a cool as car. I love the idea of bike engined cars. I was flirting with the idea of a bmw k100 engine (about 120bhp) in a hillman imp because both were cheap in the uk. But not here back in NZ. Anyway- the bmw layout would be better in a little front engined rwd car than an imp.

compactdrive.jpg

The huyabusa engine looks so sweet in there. Are they fairly easy to get hold of?

I love the way you have gone about utilising the starlet box for a reverse. so simple and so neat. Good on ya!

Glad to see this coming back to life.