Kb310 of BobbyBreeze

Brock-Lee

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

How much clearance have you got on the inside?

ie. If it were a 9J at ±0 it looks like it might well fit flush with the guard and if it didn't foul the shock or some other such internally, would be an ideal size. Fucking sweet sized wheel though, looks awesome. Constantly amazed at how much cheaper 13's are on YAJ than anything else.

heaps of clearance to the inside (to the arch, not sure about other bits) Could fit a 10j in there at the right offset.

9J zero would fit flush yes, but whats the point? Get the dish of an 8 with the hassle of trying to find a tyre to fit the 9. Ideally I will run a 195/45r13 on the 9s, but probably get some 195/50's for the moment. Trailer tyres ftw.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you ever find out more about cutting the chassis rails down?

I think I may do this. Mine are at about 60mm but Palmy has mountain speed bumps everywhere and I want to be able to drift the square / uni ring road / go lower.

Would just be cutting mine off inline with the cills, so not even the whole way up to the floor but would give me an extra 30mm.

Did you ever find out more about cutting the chassis rails down?

I think I may do this. Mine are at about 60mm but Palmy has mountain speed bumps everywhere and I want to be able to drift the square / uni ring road / go lower.

Would just be cutting mine off inline with the cills, so not even the whole way up to the floor but would give me an extra 30mm.

Ummm the chassis rails are quite structural. 30mm is quite a bit , probably at least half the depth of the chassis rail? you would really want to remove the whole thing and replace it with a shorter one if you were going to do something like that if it was any more than a 100mm section. even then serious consultation with a certifier would be necessary.

Yuh, ring the certifier you are going to use and bombard him with q's/calcs to show that shit is going to be as strong/stronger.

The guy I am in talks with said no deal with chassis chop until I said that I could provide calcs, as soon as he realised I wasnt a fuckwit (I am btw) he was sweet.

Really depends on situation. In these Japanese cars they are normally classes as 'floor stiffeners' not chassis rails as they dont go the whole length of the car (well on the sunny the stop at the drivers seat).

Need to talk to your cert man because they are all different - my cert guy is sweet with it as long as I do it properly though.

Choice, yeah mine sound like the sunnys. They don't run the full length and have a gap in the middle, so its like 4 separate "floor stiffeners".

Would just do it after the cert if they have a problem with it.

Mine look to be just half box sections that are spot welded to the floor pan.