low n slows mk1 2door

d.p.n.s

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Email address for the dude you were dealing with please?

For the flares? will PM you his email address now

For the rims I think he means. :lol:

Info on 16" tyres: If you wanted to have a tad of stretch then Toyo do a 205/40/16 for good value, last set I got was $160 each, they are an entry level sport tyre from Toyo but nothing wrong with em. Is prob what I will run on the front of mine once I get my shit together and stop working on Vauxhalls/houses!

Gaz

Dif life yo

Got some 2" lowering blocks and U bolts on the way for the hilux diff $65 scoreage

EDIT Looking at "RADIUS ARM KIT" now

$150 seems like a good price for these? good idea?

rd229antitrampkit.jpg

Just trying to work out how fitment works, what part of the body you weld it too anyone fitted ths kit before?

https://www.burtonpower.com/product_mai ... 10&PSet=98

Think i will stay away from panhard rod, Watts Linkage, 4 link and turret kits for now keep it simple etc.

mint doesnt look to hard

200810130952432565634dd.jpg

Any tips on setting them up so it doesnt go like this

heavy1.jpg

You would fit them with axles stands under the diff im guessing so that you have them sitting at your ride height. How much force will be put through them? will the welds need to be super dupper well done is what im getting at?

Think i will stay away from panhard rod (and fit a) Watts Linkage, 4 link and turret kits for now keep it simple etc.

How the fuck is that simple?

You are looking at purchasing and installing a suspension set-up designed to allow the replacment of the leaf springs with coil springs.

Mate - what do you expect to achieve by this effort? If you want a car that really handles well then you could spend your time and money better elsewhere IMHO but you will end up with wheels you don't like and a ride height you don't like.

Put a single longtitudinal link in to handle axle hop if you want but I really don't think you need all that other stuff.

OK. You said you were going to fit a 4 link and Watts (which = five links BTW) so I thought you were going mental

Tramp rods/traction rods/longtitudinal lower control arms are a great idea mate. A four link instal is overkill.

Personally I reckon a single traction rod is better than a pair unless you are an expert fabricator and have very limited suspension travel. The potential for two rods to bind up in a corner is significantly greater than one rod binding up.

A Watts link won't do bugger all that the leaf springs don't already do.

A single bar needs to go on the driver's side to be the most use.

The reason is the torque produced by the engine applies more instant "weight" to one side of the vehicle than the other so the rod on the right hand side seems to work best.

You can always fit two rods and just disconnect one if you have binding issues.

Your other option is an A frame