low n slows mk1 2door

d.p.n.s

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fix brakes and post us an on song vid when you go for an amble up the road

Most definatly will! Got an expert onto them as we speak. Was going to try take it up to manfield trackday on 10th or 17th Dec but i think im going fall short of cash as going down south for 10 days over holidays and only two pay days between now and then :x knew this would happen.

Cheers Simon :P

Yeah started as a road car project, have done seat mounts, driveshaft loops etc to regs but will just see how it goes, im kind of expecting everything to get broken on it, in which case i wont bother making it road legal, but if it proves to be solid/reliable i will get it certified. having it going has given me a sudden urge to want to make it road legal i was not expecting.

tune before boosting please!!!!!!!!

KK seemed to think it would be ok? its got same; computer, injectors, engine, plenum, turbo, and manifold, but different IC, waste-gate, and exhaust (no muff at the moment). and had allot of time on dyno being fine tuned by a link distributor before being removed.

It is hard to start cold without a dab of engine start. could that mean anything bad like running lean? Other than that once primed starts no worries.

I said I reckon it would be OK with using the tune for testing the systems, normal driving and so forth - going on your info that the guy who did the original dyno tune was pretty onto it and spent a fair whack of time on it..

I reckon before you drive it in anger you should at least get the mixtures checked under load and make sure its not running lean.

edit - Tomweegem is pretty experienced in turbocharged cars and dynoing stuff so would definitely be listening to his advice over mine though