low n slows mk1 2door

d.p.n.s

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ceers mate, painting it myself in Miramar, done a few now and this one would have to be the worst preped one iv done by far. Started as an extremely rusty shell, with new floor pan and sills both sides and then the body work involved choping body / flares to get hilux diff in. going for a low maintainable matt paint job dark grey detailing to come. Photos dont really show the big imperfections :pukeright: well not on this laptop anyway.

What are you using for paint?

Also, how much of an absolute prick are flares to sand/shape? I hate it, always with the flat spots etc.

Just mixed up some sand mudd and water in the sandpit and rubbed it on, then applied some 1K Dulon with 1L flattening base to 4L. cant decide if to add more flattning or not, looked better with the primers matness for hidding imperfections so think I might add a little more.

I enjoy doing flares its the flat panels that are not so fun, i didnt get either that well preped this time round :monkey: thats kind of the hole point of this job though matt single coat with no clear so that toch ups are easy / wont get sad when i chip scratch and smash her.

KKChris Dan said your front end was metalic flatt. It looked really nice n matt in the workshop, does it get a bit of a shine on when its out in daylight? Do you know how much flttening was added?

KKChris Dan said your front end was metalic flatt. It looked really nice n matt in the workshop, does it get a bit of a shine on when its out in daylight? Do you know how much flttening was added?

Oh shit son - just read this now..

bit late it would seem

looks bloody good mate, you must be proud.. are those stripes stickers or painted on?