removing ball joints...please help lol

Beaver

hey all.

i need to replace the outer ball joint of my gfs 76 civic lol, and ive got the new one, its like the arm and ball joint together. i can see how it comes out, and i took out all the needed bolts and nuts etc, but the rod on top of the ball joint wont drop out....if anyone foloows me? its the type with the threaded rod on top of the ball joiunt with a nut, and i assumed once i took the nut off it should drop out. i used a fair bit of force etc but it wont move. is there a certain way to do it or something? c

cheers

Remove the castle nut that the splitpin held solid and then flip it upside down and put it on enough so that the base of the nut is flush with the bolt. Using a hammer, give the side where the taper lock part of the bolt is stuck a good few hard strikes on either side, if the taper lock doesn't break after that then a few firm taps atop the nut should break it.

If that doesn't work or you don't understand what I mean, go buy a ball joint splitter. Problem solved.

ive used the above methods over the years with varying success, i finally gave up and bought a ball joint splitter a while back and was the best move ever, if you are planning on do a fair amount of car work its a good cheap investment which saves a shit load of fucking around

Ball joint splitters are OK but the type pictured above are limited as to where you can fit them and how much pressure they can apply.

A ball-joint splitting fork struck with a hammer is a better tool IMHO

However - the trusted method of striking the steering knckle with TWO big hammers simultaneously is the best way and works 90% of the time. Take a few gentle practice swings first and take heed of the advice about leaving the nut on to protect the thread on a B/J you wish to re-use.

I've never had to use a balljoint splitter.

I worked on a couple cars in my life and I have almost never used one - except on big 4WD's and vehicles over 3.5Tonne...

yea help a tad somtimes

just use heat to the max , fuck the grain etc and have your bits fall apart at 100 kmh due to heat fracture and the likes ...

I worked on a couple cars in my life and I have almost never used one - except on big 4WD's and vehicles over 3.5Tonne...

yea help a tad somtimes

just use heat to the max , fuck the grain etc and have your bits fall apart at 100 kmh due to heat fracture and the likes ...

FUCK HEMI YOU ARE SUCH A RETARD - but one that I LUBS cos you lets me draw on your neck

yea help a tad somtimes

FUCK HEMI YOU ARE SUCH A RETARD - but one that I LUBS cos you lets me draw on your neck

was taking the piss fuck using heat on that shit , seriously .. fuck that

and on my neck , fuck on my whole fucking torso the falmes , bottle , some little mosnter , somthing else ... christ