i need an angle grinder

pies

anyone got hookups on angle grinders? need to get a new one. Just a small one for cutting shit and grinding rust. dont wanna spend much either. old one caught fire when god was trying to burn me for getting that courier ute on bagz

As I haven't experienced a truely great angle grinder yet I should probably with hold comment but from my experience they are not so much of a tool where you really need to get a good one.

Cordless drills, yeah - don't skimp out. Same goes for a lot of types of power tools but as far as grinders go, they cut shit up. I've had an XU1 one cranking a face off disk for hours on end and its still sweet. I say they are worth trying out when you look at the prices of decent ones.

^ What he said, I've never found spending a lot on a grinder as important as other powertools.

I spent 2 days solid with XU1 grinders with big wirebrush wheels on them, stripping paint off a 4 car garage floor. They got intensely hot, we put them under a reasonable amount of load, and they were still going strong at the end.

Big issue with cheap powertools is the brushes are not conformed to the armature (they just bung in a carbon brush with a square end contacting the circumference of the armature), so the contact patch is minimal... results in excessive heat on the contact point as a result they burn out and make smoke,funky smells and all the rest.

I have blown up 4 shit ones. About 1 a year actually.

Finally decided to buy Makita's bottom trade 125mm grinder.

It should last for more than 4 years im sure.

Spin speed isnt really where its at either.. Its the watts it has.

ive had 1 cheap one and thats all, thrashed the shit outa it, used to use the xu1s when i worked at a scrap dealer and they got the mad smashing, and never broke.i recon go for a cheap one one, if ya fuck it to fast then get a good one, chances are you wont fuck the cheap one.I guess theres more chance of getting a dud one that dosnt last as well.

the last 2 cheap ones i got both caught fire. one of them straight after that god damned ute of mine caught fire. and the other one when i was grinding rust out of the sx60 haha

so would rather buy a better one tis time round

Go look in Bunnings.

Cheapest Makita 125mm is $100

Next model up which I think is what I got is $140. 125mm, 810wats or so. Doesnt come with a case tho.

I have just searched round and bunnings seems to be the cheapest for grinders.

I would'nt get dewalt.

Makita, Hitachi or bosch is what Id take.

The black and decker firestorm range is slightly cheaper and out powers and spins all of the prementioned.. perhaps a goer? The normal Black&Decker range also has decent ratings and is cheap as.

Ryobi, I would'nt know about.