Truenotch's BEAMS AE86 racecar discussion

Truenotch

there my set up with manifold and 2 stage injection . have been selling a few sets to you guys lately ,those pics are michaels set up with 2 stage 50mm butterflys and curved ram tubes ,slide throttles have a tendency to get stuck ,barrels are better in the long run ,but more expensive

• Like 1

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His car should be exactly the same speed as mine in theory - we both made similar numbers on the dyno, both a similar weight and have the same gearing, but his car still seems to lack the straight line pace.

Hopefully that throttle kit brings him up to where he needs to be.

That sounds like a prety quick laptime for a 2l na at Puke, My turbo starlet was doing 1:12's on the quicker non kinked back straight, and that felt fairly rapid in places - novice spec though.

I hope that the rear suspension is still all where it should be after that nudge..

The EG has a K20A and the Starlet has a Speedfactor built B20B Honda engine.

The k/f series Honda motors are all putting out about 170 kw atw (bit more for the better built cars) and both of those cars will be fairly close to the 900 kg weight limit.

You'd drop a second with good shocks I reckon your car and dad's are so evenlt matched at manfield which is a way smoother track. Pretty similar straight line speed and corner speed. Your chassis is waay better to set it up into the corner how you want. Ae82 has so much play in everything its a bit of a turn and hope kind of exercise

• Like 2

Had a look under the car last night and it looks like it was a combination of the shock bottoming out and the panhard rod fouling on the body at full travel. So new shocks and a slight modification of the panhard bracket will fix those issues. 

Thanks Dave, I looked but have no need for any of those things right now (thankfully).