Truenotch's BEAMS AE86 racecar discussion

Truenotch

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, a new inlet channel is on the list of things to do. It's not a priority at the moment. 

That's cool about the tail shaft. I'll grab the 2-piece that my Dad has in his shed and will get the front tube + yoke changed to suit my setup. Sorting that is at the top of my list now. 

• 3 weeks later...

It's hard to say how it sounds, although it's definitely loud and shakes the dust out of the ceiling in our workshop :lol: . The tone is higher pitched than it used to be and my old flowfast muffler was basically rooted anyway (all the plates are loose and rattling around inside it). 

Will report back about the sound after the race meeting this weekend. Until then, this gives you an idea: 

http://youtu.be/q1VB5mA3enA

The hanger I'm looking at is a bit like this, but with a more solid rubber. I'll be running a thick piece of flat bar or some 50x25 tubing under the tunnel to mount it on. 

41gGNMU68uL._SY300_.jpg

Once I ordered the manufacture of about 1200 welded struts, which turned up on site made out of solid steel rods instead of hollow pipe.
Which the client promptly rejected as they were twice the weight they should have been.

When my boss came over, I was all like, pokerface.jpg

So who's the retard now!

RHS / Rectangular Hollow Section

• Like 2