Truenotch's BEAMS AE86 racecar discussion

Truenotch

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a look through the videos from round one last year... It looks like I had more grip on slicks when it was drizzling than I did this year in the dry!!

I guess that's what you get for running season-old tyres :P .

Sometimes when it's drizzly and drying it's incredibly grippy. Think it's a mix of low air temps but still plenty of heat in the track.

Glad this thing has had a birthday. Has been needing it for the last couple of years. Needs new shocks next.

Hope it goes fast this weekend. Guna get rally car together and bring it out for a a drive tomorrow.

Oh also come drink beers at my place tonight.the old markku would of. Will txt.

• 5 weeks later...

Dam that looks fun. sounds so good.

The yellow ae101 looked like it already had a bent up bonnet when you passed him?

No its just like that all the time.. that is the least straight car there is in the field (although a few others come close) and I'm not talking about the driving or the panels.

Gutted about the rim. Send to Warren Dickson to chuck a new band on it? Jarred ended up fixing that enkei of mine which was fairly similar. Didn't cost much either thunk it was around $200.

Sweet racing. Shocks make massive difference to how the car rides the bumps at puke.

Also feel sorry for the sweet datsun that gary madcock took the nose off. Once again a terrible display of driving from the gentlemen racers in stupidly fast cars in the middle of that pack. I presume ray brown pushed himself off the track again in one form or another? What's the championship points looking like?

• Like 1

Simmons still have brand new bands, so I'll probably go that way.

Chris didn't seem happy with the outcome of the hearing, but it was important that he got punished IMO. He apologised and I hope it chills him out in future.

Just had a look at my LR shock and the bump stop has fallen apart, hah. No wonder it felt like a solid knock in the later races!! Need to break the bead off the tyre and then I can look at getting the rim repaired or re-banded.

• Like 1