Mark's C110s

Guest Zeb

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

more than the manifold boe, RB26 rolls itbs stock they just taken air box off and slammed trumpets on.

RB26DE would be lush but im not that rich, cost of buying an RB26 alone i could prolly do alot to the RB25 and then need hi comp pistons and so on as the turbz internals prolly not so lush for NA power.

Picked up some coby extractors for $80 for the RB25 also, will see how they roll or stainless extractors = on.

That Z Rb does look very yum tho. my rocker covers arent that cool haha

• 2 months later...

Holy shit ten five, you are chopping the shit out of that shit.

Do you have any decent pics of how far the engine is forward? I'm wondering about flipping the mounts from right to left or even filling the crossmember around, just to move the engine back with having to cut, weld or slot anything.

When we were putting an FJ20 into my mates 510 it was a bolt in as well. But to get the engine to sit back far enough we spun the crossmember around which was as simple as slotting 2 holes about 2 mm and straight back in. Moved the motor back around 2 inches from memory. Might be worth a shot, even if you have to massage/hack the fire wall abit and do something different with your gearbox crossmember to get the box in there.

Also, find one of those RB26DETT intake manifolds! Please! Holy crap, that would bolt on to your engine and be epic. The guys building high horse power RB26's usually ditch these in favour of a single large throttle to flow more air so you could probably ring RIPS in Rotorua and get one for fuck all, because how many people would be after them. Not many I would imagine.

heres how it sits engine bay wise, so it sits about 50/50 over the front axles, which isn't ideal but for ease of getting it going and seeing just how bad it is im probably for now going to leave it here. i dont actually know how bad its going to handle and there isnt alot around to inform me of how bad its going to be either so rather then go mental on engine position im just gonna put it in and drive and develop it from there.

IMG_0608.jpg

firewall gap

IMG_0609.jpg

i had a look and flipping engine mounts would be the go, i have to modify them shorter anyways and that would put it back the couple of inches i need to the firewall.

had a chat to old man southern RB26 ITB's dont bolt up, original plan of 6 4age itbs is probably going to be cheaper and simpler.

Yeah man, thats nothing to be too concerned about ^ If you can get those couple of inches then sweet but if not I think you're on the right track with seeing how it is before you go making it an even bigger project than it is already, just to get the balance better than something that could be ok.

had a chat to old man southern RB26 ITB's dont bolt up, original plan of 6 4age itbs is probably going to be cheaper and simpler.

The engine at the top of this page isn't an RB26 so it might not be too hard to make them fit?

• 7 months later...
So would you be interested in buying a pair of SU's for your L6 powered 110?

I'm considering going back to single carb on the wag...

nah got KY's old tripples manifold and carbs might be sorted. so im going 1 better and having 3!

ribbed red top cam covers GO!

say what?

also have probably brought an RB20DE NEO

• 9 months later...

thats a rather interesting setup but i have everything i need bar a link now for EFI. Just need to see if my RB20DET intake manifold will fit the RB20DE neo head and that will make the intake for the ITB's super simple.

so pretty much carbs will cost me more than running EFI now.

• 2 weeks later...

Good plan ten-5, just stick with those throttles, clean up the head side of them and bung up what doesn't need to be used and run with it. Using factory throttles resolves a number of issues as you've already point out, port space matching, water gallery re-routing, injector placement etc.

• 3 months later...

lack of time and funds. decided to spend money on the white one which I can improve then drive and reap the benefits rather than spending millions on a shell just to get it to a semi drivable state then have to spend moon beams again to make it go faster.

I will also say the shell is not for sale. Ky is getting some bits and I am keeping the rest.