Mark's C110s

Guest Zeb

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's curious bro, I'm fairly certain the 'L' is for LHD, does the chassis stamp have an L on it and does the number on the plate match the stamp?

The way it is on brochures for the 240K is (K)H(L)GC110

K = Hardtop

H = L-series, in our case, L24

L = L.H.D (at least, it is with most Datsun codes of that era)

G = LWB ie. 6cylinder

C110 = Model Code

There's suffixes as well but I'm not sure on the specifics of those, I don't have the FSM for the C110, only a parts catalog.

chassis doesn't have an L in it tho the plates/chassis does match exactly except for the L

plate: KHLGC110-001812

chassis: KHGC110-001812

so i dunno. has tags on it to say it was built in aussie so why it would be a LHD i dunno unless some numb nut smashed wrong plates on it.

Not sure on the mechanical/pedal box dynamics of the cedric bro, but I'll take a squiz when I'm next in Dunedin if you like man?

It's weird, Mark. Definately needs some investigation.

Another good thing about you car though bro, is that's it's an early one with the square rear reflectors. They're so much nicer than the later rounded ones. IMO.

It's quite possibly the simplest manual conversion in the world.

Even in my case?

260c has a different design as they made all the pedals bolt to firewall seperately unlike C110 where all you do is stick pedal on side of pedal box (pivot shaft is even there on the autos) tho i dont think it would be hard just made slightly more cunty as its a tighter space to get into then the C110.

also KY did you auto pedal box have the clutch pedal stop and return spring hook on it? as mine doesnt just the pivot shaft for clutch pedal which is annoying as i might have to swap the pedal box for manual one so clutch returns to stop position. also did u just keep the huge auto brake pedal? haha

hum thing is running very rich, like ive only done bout 200kms in it and used 3/4 of a 55 litre tank of gas. plugs are black as fuck and when you rev it up and take foot of and rev it up again it shits out big cloud of black smoke (no blue smoke, just black unburnt fuel).

previous owner rebuilt the carb and im prety sure he has fucked something hugely up. i have 2 spare carbs that came with parts car and they both have the same main jet as my carb so something else some where just isnt right, but i got no idea where to start when it comes to carbs.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...