shavenYak's alto 800

Goat

i had an identical set of contessas(mine are roh though=minilites??),polished lip with black centre.not a good picture nor good situation for them but this is the only picture i can find of them on short notice :)

140117.jpg

yes,the tyre got destroyed on the ghia at a burnout comp :wink:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

glad those nuts fit, at least they will come in handy for someone. wish i still had the beetle they were on, i kinda abondoned it after my gf rear ended someone at the bottom of whakapapa road due to brake fade, and my olds sold it when they sold their business where it was stored and i was too poor to not take the $, but asked to keep the 5 spoke EMPI rims and nuts. Rims are now lost too :(

contessas looks good, roll as is, maybe with a polished lip?

Yeah was kinda thinking that - I do have some gold hammerite left in a tin too.. but then my brake gear is painted gold so that might look weird. I've put tires on them now and am just gonna run them as is, and maybe paint once these tires need replacing. Will take a photo tomorrow. Car is half an inch lower, but also half an inch more guard gap now, so might have to do something about that.

• 6 months later...

How much room have you got under the bonnet to fit it?

When the bolt holes are that close the only way to make an adapter plate is to have a 2 piece adapter - You bolt down the bottom half with countersunk bolts then have studs sticking out the top half. The top and bottom halves are bolted together with countersunk bolts on the sides rather than the corners.

For the cost of the alloy plate and mucking around to make 2 adapter plates then in my opinion you would be better off to get the holes alloy welded up and then redrill and tap new holes in the weld.. But you may need to machine the manifold flat or at least linish it after it has been welded as the heat may distort the surface.

Either way has pros and cons but to keep it looking factory then filling holes and retapping would work best..

thanks guys - kk: 2 piece adaptor sounds interesting, I hadn't thought of doing it that way. But yeah to keep things simple I think I'll get the holes filled and redrilled. OR I could just slot the holes in the carb.. Hmm decisions, decisions..

by the way, this is my build thread you silly geese!

discussion izt here: //oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=12230

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 years later...