suggest a transplant morry engine..

kokomo

so what to put in it?

4AGE?

Rover T something a rather?

V8?

Dont wanna hafta do major surgery, something easy to drop in and go..

Something easy to find, something easy to maintain, something awesomly fast,

convince me. dont just say what ya reckon. tell me why with facts n stuff. im a girl. i need to understand why it would be good..

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nothing wil fit without massive modification and $$$

rebuild 1300, possible overbore and stroke to 1380 or something. big cam, side draught weber, LCB headers, straight cut gearset, blah blah blah...

even then, IMO you're really just delaying the inevitable: building a mean engine for a MINI, then you don't have that shit house wet suspension.

imo of course :wink:

rover V8's are cool but fucking yuck. not so abundant anymore for when you break shit and will be epic surgery to any fwd to get it to fit.

4age will be miles away from dropping in, if you want a bolt-in operation your pretty limited to your *insert mini engine type(s) here* blocks

4age would be aws because you can still get a bluetop with box for $300 or so, also theres heaps of them about if you break shit and theyre cheap to upgrade, $400 LSD's ftw.

heaps of options but they're all a mission and a half. CA18 would be choice.

B18C for lols

Only thing easy would be the honda vtec mini kits, but I'm not sure how much 1300's are different to mini's

Everything apart from the bolt in UK kits will be most likely hard and consume alot of time and custom work.

The other option is a worked 1275, a hell of a lot cheaper and can be fairly quick but nothing extreme

remove factory engine

replace factory engine

or

B18C w/ Spoon cams/rods/crank/pistons, Vtec controller, motec stand alone fuel management, stainless extractors, shiny chrome muffler for that awesome vtec growl....

ok i cant do it anymore

:D

^hard.

also if you went with anything newish youd need to go EFI, efi requires computers and high pressure fuel systems

most if not all cool shit would require custom axles. youd need 4 custom engine mounts and modification of the crossmember possibly. likely modifications to throttle cable, gear shift linkages, fuel lines, charging system, exhaust system, inlet tract also

..can be done though

t1gl5.jpg