suggest a transplant morry engine..

kokomo

nothing wil fit without massive modification and $$$

rebuild 1300, possible overbore and stroke to 1380 or something. big cam, side draught weber, LCB headers, straight cut gearset, blah blah blah...

even then, IMO you're really just delaying the inevitable: building a mean engine for a MINI, then you don't have that shit house wet suspension.

imo of course :wink:

FUCKIN WORD

thaught we talked about this in the weekend, you wont fit anything in with out major body tweaking, other than another 1300.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't there a 1750cc motor from an Austin Kimberly or Tasman or some shit that goes in?

Callum

The Austin Allegro 1800/1750/? is meant to be a pretty straight forward conversion too apparently, i sold a Dellortoe to a local guy who was dropping one in a Mini a couple of years back

Yeah, that might be the one. Research that, my vague memory from like 10 years ago says it was a bolt in job.

Callum

Do you know Gareth from Phillips radiators, has that red AE86? It was his Mini i saw, i think the main probs he had was sorting out driveshafts and CVs

I still see the option of a full Chevette conversion to be the best and most rewarding transplant. :wink:

Mooorange is choice as-is, personally i wouldn't even bother with the mechanical side of it. Just service it and keep the engine original. Mean cruiser stz.

However, loose those wheels. Stick the original steelies back on,make sure you use tyres with a white sidewall and Drop It Like It's Hot!! :idea:

However, loose those wheels. Stick the original steelies back on,make sure you use tyres with a white sidewall and Drop It Like It's Hot!! :idea:

Doing that. Painted the steelies Matty B already ftw. Left some of the silver around the outer lip but polishing it up so i get a decent finish is proving to be a bitch. Just need tyres now :D

[Left some of the silver around the outer lip but polishing it up so i get a decent finish is proving to be a bitch.

Any suggestions? I hacked at it with p60 paper and then worked my way down to a P240 but i did one and its taken me days.

Must be something quicker..

put them in a lathe

or, jack the car up, put it on blocks, put a rim on one of the front wheels, start it, put it in first gear and get out of car, just hold the sand paper in one place on the rim and bbs your fuckin uncle

fuck, why have i only JUST thaught of this awesome idea.