hunted's imp

thminiman

They rev to 10g with work. Def not standard. Old as fire pump cam for teh 15k. Have a look into it, prob wont get one now.

Alfa boxter engine perhaps? Richie may have one.

Got 2 and one in bits with some recond heads I never used... but yuh, parts = hard to get at present for them, that said there is buttloads of 1500's around and they rarely break.

I spoke to a guy at a hillclimb I did earlier in the year. He ran the standard motor with EB civic pistons, and bored it out. Seemed to go quite well. Pretty sure there are a few imp owners in Hawkes Bay Car Club, think thats where he was from. Maybe go hit them up?

• 4 months later...

mean bowlette

goos to see some progress is being made, would proly still be sitting in the exact same place as it was when it was here if you didnt get it

dunno if you got my post thing on beboe, but i decided your welcome to keep those wheels, i only really wanted them cos i was gonna get them widened and mash them on the mini, but ive got something else planned now, so, if you want the 5th one, your welcome to it

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

guy that does goldrush runs a rover v8 with austin princess front wheel drive box i believe,

few minis over in europe running that sorta set up,

but all kinds of engineering in that,

or a cf bedford slant 4 2.3l is basically half a chevy block so can run chev pistons rods etc,

with heaps of aftermarket pistons etc,

or charade 3 cyclinder turbo motors are good power and blueprinted from factory and small dohcers