RWD4G62NZ's Celeste Turbo.

Raizer

Finally you posted!

Love it obviously, needs the round headlight front though

So jealous you almost have it running, can't believe how much of a continuing shitstorm mine has been!

Pics with modgies on please 8)

Did you section off the fuel system for cert?

Methinks this will hose mine, won't be too much due to extra capacity and my turbo's bigger 8)

Hey dude nice car, that's rockn!

Just a couple things tho, the 4G62 and 4G63 have the same stroke - it's the bore size which is different. And also a TD04HL is off a RVR or GSR not an Evo (which is TD05 16g wheel).

Guest Speedstar
Finally you posted!

Love it obviously, needs the round headlight front though

So jealous you almost have it running, can't believe how much of a continuing shitstorm mine has been!

You do relies we will have to have a dance off, to ultimately decide who is the biggest celestial entity

Good idea! a dance off it is.

Seriously nice car though.

Whoa someone else from Blenheim on here 8)

Tis an awesome car, was getting cert at same time as mine bout a year ago I believe.

Man the engine bay is looking niiiiice! Would love to see it in person again, oldschool Blenheim meet ftw haha

Cheers for all the comments and support fella's. :D

To answer some of the questions: The paint is it's factory colour, it's called Neptune Blue I believe. And yea I was stoked to pick it up for 4 hundy.

The LSD is not in yet, still sitting in my garage. Bit of a weird story behind it apparently, it is a custom 4 spider ramp-rider 1.5 way mechanical setup that was built in Japan for an american customer for his Plymouth Arrow which is the american name for the early Celeste's. Only prob is that it is a 2.9 ratio!!! I got it off a dude who got it from the states to use in his EX Lancer Turbo but then relised that it was too small. Why anyone with a celeste would want a diff that tall tho is anybodies guess! :rolleyes: I'm going to swap my 3.9 crown and pinion into it one of these days but getting the car tuned and running well is my biggest priority.

I'm all keen for a cruize/boost/race with lowlancer might be comming up to the Waikato soon to see my Wife's parents so could be a go.

Without wanting to get into a who's right argument with "FUEL" I have to correct him I'm afraid. Dude I'm sorry but your very wrong!

Next time you feel like ringing Repco ask them for the part number of the head casket or regrind kit for a 4G62T and 4G63T and you'll find that they are identical. How could a block with 200cc diference in the bore use the same head gasket??? Dude I measured it and they are the same. Second thing: The TD04HL is off the RVR Hypersports gear your right but the HL uses the same larger turbine shaft and exhaust wheel as the Evo TD05. Hence "Evo Spec" That's the reason you can pull 300+ horse out of them without going mad. Try doing that with a normal TD04 14B and see what happens!!!

Hey dude I work in car parts and I've owned MANY older Mitsubishis which I've worked on - including Sigma GSR-X, Cordia GSR turbo, Cordia GT 4WD Turbo to name a few - both with the 4G62 and the 4G63. I've also worked at a Mitsubishi dealer in the parts department as well.

The bore and stroke of a 4G62 is 80.6mm by 88mm, whereas the 4G63 is 85mm by 88mm. The 4G37 is also 80.6mm bore, and I can back that up as I have dummy fitted a set of 4G62 pistons into a 4G37 block - as they both have the 80.6mm bore size.

Here are some pics from the ACL gaskets catalogue (the gaskets company Repco, Supercheap and most parts dealers use). You can find this catalogue at http://www.acl.com.au/ if you wanna to look for yourself.

4G62ACL.jpg

4G63ACL.jpg

You can clearly see that the 4G62 has a 80.6mm bore while the 4G63 has a 85mm bore.

Here's another webpage which says the same - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Sirius_engine

I can keep dragging up more and more websites and catalogues if you want.

A TD04 is still not an Evo turbo dude.

I was trying to compliment your ride and just point out a few errors that's all. Sorry mate but I'm not going to sit by while you spout incorrect crap - I know my Mitsubishis inside out and I refuse to be told I'm wrong when I KNOW I'm right.

I rest my case.

Dude I'm a mechanic and an older one too and I too have worked in the parts industry. I have owned a shitload of cars including a great number of Mitsi's . I see your paperwork and I thank you for pointing that out. I used a monotorque headgasket and on that packaging it said G62 and G63 I also confirmed this with Ripco. I also measured my bore when I was rebuilding the engine so the only conclusion I can come up with is that my engine may have been boored out to 2L Starion specs??? Who knows. Anyway I stand corrected!

If you go back and read my shit on my Celeste I never stated that it was an "EVO Turbo" I said that it was a TD04HL Evo Spec meaning it ran evo bits in it which is 100% true. I have just rebuilt it and parts were very hard to get for it. They were not very common at all. A new core was gona cost $1500 ex Japan! I nearly fucken died. Anyway cheers 4 da feedback.

I think it is strange that they use the same head gaskets/headset but I guess its just the way it goes. The earlier 4G62 used a different headset though so I'm not sure what's up with that.

I gave up on 4G62s after I had this happen to my GT Cordia 4WD:

rod1.jpg

I doubt the 4G62 can be bored out to 85mm as the water jackets are pretty damn close to the cylinder walls as it is. Most you would be able to bore it out to is approx 82mm.

Do you recall what the pistons had stamped on the top? Also do you have receipts or part number of the piston rings?

Yea I probibly have got the boxes that all the rebuild shit came in somewhere. I'll have to dig them out and have another look see.

That's one fucked rod dude!!! Luckly I work in a place where I can get cool shit done 4 cheap so I got my rods crack tested and then shotpeened as I had been told b4 that the rods were a weaker point. What boost were u running when that happened? Which cylinder was it? I spose you were still using the centerpoint set up were you? Mine used to run 2 cylinders lean with the ECI.