RWD4G62NZ's Celeste Turbo.

Raizer

Yea I was real concerned about the testn station dudes not given me a WOF due to a bit of smoke. She is still runnin to rich on the base map and was blowin a bit of black. Talked them around which was pretty easy when you can see the Link ECU unit standing prouder than a honeymooners dick on the passengers kick panel! Hanging to get it tuned now.

Cheers Fellas,

Much to my horror I have found that while she had been sitting waiting for the Multipoint gear to get finished moisture got into the engine and has done damage. It's producing loads of blow-by gas and pressurizing the sump becuase the rings are not sealing properly. Totally fucken gutted cause I was getting set to take it to Nelson to get tuned very soon!!!

New plan is to bore out my spare block either 20 or 40 thou and add Hypertec semi forged pistons and Perfect Circle chrome-moly rings. While this is being done I'll hoist the motor out and pull it down so I can use my shot-peened rods in the new block. Can't really justify the expence of going for fully forged internals but this will be a good solid setup for the kind of work and boost that the car will be running. I'll put up pics and prices of the parts if anyone is interested.

• 4 months later...

Cheers man,

Havn't had it on the Dyno yet sorry. As the engine is freshly rebuilt I went for a mild road tune first so I can run the engine in and sort out any potential problems. I'm probibly going to open up a hornets nest of disscussion by saying this but my opinion is that Full Power Dyno Runs on a fresh engine are dangerous due to the massive loads placed on them.

My road tune cost me $350 and has the car running perfectly at 10psi boost. When it's run in I'm going to have it dyno tuned to get the most out of it and also to establish a power and torque figure. I'll be posting those figures when I have them.

Fuck! Would so be keen for that eh but unfortunitly I'll be over in East Timor again eh. Yea was out and about on Friday night putting some miles on the new engine. Did the Queen Charlotte Drive on Saturday too, that was sooo much fun with all the corners and off camber. I wanted to turn around and go back through again eh!!! I might enter in the River-Lands Street race down here in September 2nd tho.