• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

But it's zinc

Looking closer it says good for 6 years if out in the weather I wouldn't mind recoating every 6 years if I never have to do rust repairs on this again. Maybe I will fill the chassis rails with it

Il probably durepox it, by the time I wipe all the bitumin sealer off it will be a nice clean metal surface to start with

Two pack is king, no doubt.

However one pack is still better than nothing. I've used zinc it on all sorts of shit where I CBF dealing with 2 pack. Small brackets / a gate frame. Seems to stand up fine, even when outside in the sun all year. I have a bunch of bare metal areas on car i'm collecting up to do with epoxy primer. If you already have a tin of it, go nuts I say. If you don't, then epoxy probably not that much different price wise. 

Unless the underseal is falling off mine, i'm not touching it. I'll patch areas that are bare and hope the factory stuff lasts another 35 years.

I've used the spray can black zinc under the tray in a few areas and it's held up well for a few years now.

I have a tin of zinc it and a tinbof durepox and they both require the same prep. 

One day il get that metal spray done to it, but didn't win lotto 

• 3 weeks later...

So I’ve bought a car that some one has just spray painted mat black over the original paint. The pressure washer can only get the loose stuff off but not the bulk. Thinners doesn’t seem to remove it ether, is there a product that will remove the spray paint but not damage the original paint to much?

cheers

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

So I’ve bought a car that some one has just spray painted mat black over the original paint. The pressure washer can only get the loose stuff off but not the bulk. Thinners doesn’t seem to remove it ether, is there a product that will remove the spray paint but not damage the original paint to much?

cheers

woops saw you tried thinners

probably if you let it soak in, wet sheet, cover in plastic? 

• 2 weeks later...