Gaz mk2 goat

Alfadog

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Opps didnt read any of ya messages before last night soz guys.

But yeap, we got some way way bleeding done, and some caliper and disc swapping, and some beer drinking. Maybe alot of beer drinking.

Thanks guys, hopefully the brakes be sorted now.

Time to go get bearings and put bottom end back togther.

Also, UJ is really funny when pissed lots :lol:

Fully should have eaten something except half a sausage :?

Poor Pip/Pin :oops:

Anyway - brakes are possibly sorted. They are certainly better than they were when we rocked in. A touch more rear shoe adjusting and the handbrake adjusted and I think they will be legal.

The issues with the brakes were a bit tricky and I might not have it all right but I say that 1) The pistion size of the front calipers is too large for the bore size of the M/C and 2) The calipers are not designed for such a thin rotor

With new rotors and different calipers they bled up well last night and the pedal is now shorter. It is still too long though and can be forced to the floor (with effort). The flexible lines are swelling but a bit more adjustment in the rear shoes will help get it legal.

Gaz - watch out for the front brake hoses being too short. If you have spare calipers at home see if they have the hard lines still on them. We can do another bleed no worries but I can't get back to the shed until Friday.

Gasket goo shit is on my bench. Don't use quite as much as you did last time as it does not pass through oil gallerys well.

Engine assembly lube - you know where that is. The tourqe wrench is in the bottom drawer of the blue tool chest.

I think there is a small bottle of hand cleaner in the blue toolbox - probably right up the top

Good luck

CDL - Thanks for all the advice

Pies - thanks for being so darn cute

UPDATE: Things aren't good.

I am still at work but I am advised that two of the B/E bearings that were supplied are the wrong size.

The chances of getting the correct shells tomorrow in Wellington are not that good. This car needs to be on the road Sunday at the latest for Gaz's trip north for his own wedding (with no WOF of course)

Lots of people have tried really hard and it isn't over yet but the chances of having it ready on time are slipping away.

Humph :evil:

In better news the cam bearings and main bearings are done and the crank and cam re-installed.

Cam timing is yet to be done and with care could possibly be done with one conrod disconnected (or temporarily fit the old stuffed bearings to that B/E).

Repairs to the oil pick-up are being made right now.

Lownslow, Mki1Mad, Aidan and Steelies are doing an awesome job. Gaz too of course (an KKK is probably at it too, not sure).

OS at its finest 8)

This kind of reminds me of a drama I had just before a race meet and I needed undersize cam bearings in a hurry.

We worked 20 hours a day on the car to get it ready and the bearings were being freighted from somewhere and were the last set in NZ.

The freight aircraft crashed into the sea off Kapiti with the only set of bearings in the country in it. I didn't go racing but I didn't moan as both the pilot and co-pilot lost their lives.

In semi related news my wife got a taxi to our wedding......................, and paid for it herself :twisted:

With new rotors and different calipers they bled up well last night and the pedal is now shorter. It is still too long though and can be forced to the floor (with effort). The flexible lines are swelling but a bit more adjustment in the rear shoes will help get it legal.

Felt it this morn and it was way better than it felt last night when I was drunk! Also I got some more hand cleaner dawg! Will get more Heinies as I drank your box this arvo :evil:

So yeah, jist of the afternoon is me building an engine then unbuilding it after we decided the bearing shell with std stamped on it was infact no good (after measuring it with vernier to no differance). Gotta say it... WTF is up with getting a vacum sealed set of big end bearings from ACL and ONE of them being differant to the rest! I mean come on! Good timing ACL, thanks! :lol:

Thanks Corey for trying really hard to sort bearings for me.. and thanks Matt for having some in stock (lol) and being willing to send em out via courier tommorrow. Hopefully the courier can do a Aucks to Welly run in a day! If not hopefully the Welly suplier has .25mm undersised big end bearings.

Gaz

Car was driving yesterday and had a couple small issues - I think they have been rectified now - I also reset the timing on it this evening and Gaz was installing his stereo - It is having some last minute Pitstop Exhaust work tomorrow - then it is of to Rotorua straight after I understand..

Yeap yeap it got a WOF, and a Reg, and made the trip to Rotorua with only a small prob of an exhaust leak at the top flange. Tappets are noisey so tonight I am doing oil change and re-adjusting the tappets.

Wow, thats the busiest and most stressfull week posiably of my life! If it wasnt for the handfull of peps happening I wouldnt have made it. :mrgreen: So, thanks, again.