Gaz mk2 goat

Alfadog

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unhappy Gaz is caused when oil pressure drops to 0 and bearings make funny noise.

Very unhappy Gaz is caused when the engine in question is in his wedding car that needs to be ready this weekend

Extremly unhappy Gaz is caused when the engine in question has had a $1500 balance job done on it which included work on the bearings!

Heres hoping the bearings are sweet! (doubt it :cry: )

Hoping to pull dizzy out and find that the oil pump drive has sheared (maybe not as it was brand new), more likely that it has rounded off the part in the pump.. So will have to take engine out/half out, drop sump and change pump. Could check bearings at same time I guess and replace if needed. Either way its cutting it really really fine timewise!

Gaz

Update.

Had lots of people at Uncle Jakes tonight working on car, 7 at times to be precise, was really good, thanks everyone for being there and helping without even being asked too!

The oil pump drive was fine so we whipped the engine out and the sump off. Turned out the modified sump pickup broke off due to not being braced like standard. We didnt do this partly because of time but also because it was alot lot shorter than the original braced item... we should have. It didnt brake on the welds to the modded pickup but on the actual original join to the flange onto the pump. Maybe we weakened it as we had welded pretty close to it. Will brace this time!

So outcome is that we need new bearings both on mains and big ends (guess this was expected I just didnt want to admit it). The crank needs a polish on one or maybe two journals but def polishable, its going in first thing in the morn. Looks like I turned the car off just in time, will def be installing an oil pressure light for future.

So hopefully all is still within timeframe. Good news is that the car is in a decent workshop now and all the tools I need around me which hopefully means it can drive out and straight to the WOF man for recheck.

Another thanks to everyone helping tonight, was pretty stoked so many peps were there to lend a hand!

Gaz

Removed cam today, is in for a set of cam bearings too but thankfully the cam is fine. The center bearing took the most flack out of all of em.. Very lucky the crank & cam wasnt damaged.

Me and KKK rocked round getting supplies this more, cheers Chris.

Me and Aiden did the wheel bearings after that

I fixed the other WOF things

Steelies also came to mock up the new oil pickup and took it for some TIG work tommorrow.

Parts all ordered, we are on track but all depends on parts. Would have to say that this is a pretty expensive mistake :lol: Always brace your modified oil pickup! A oil light is also a good thing to have.

Gaz

Shit 6k is alot, I would have changed engine if that happened to me in this car lol.

yeah that was changin the engine, and the clutch, and the cost of installing back when there werent to many evo 6 engines about. :lol: most exspensive night on the piss ever. :lol: good luck with the rebuild.

Nah no need tonight thanks Jase. Have done all the WOF stuff except bleed the brakes. Will prob seeya down there tho no doubt. Can I help you or Aiden with something instead?

Parts wont be here till tommorrow and hopefully head and crank are done by then too. So yeah, tommorrow night would be better if possiable?

Gaz

Shits. Got my father here all week and I already blew him off for tonight so have to make an effort with him Thursday night (sorry).

Let's bleed the brakes better than anyone has ever bled any ever. It may take some time and several beers.

Yup yup yup

See you a bit before 8pm if you are still there. I don't need a hand with anything except someone said they wanted a big pallet (hint hint Russell)

Nah no need tonight thanks Jase. Have done all the WOF stuff except bleed the brakes. Will prob seeya down there tho no doubt. Can I help you or Aiden with something instead?

Parts wont be here till tommorrow and hopefully head and crank are done by then too. So yeah, tommorrow night would be better if possiable?

Gaz

So engine together thur wof friday stag do sat rotarua sunday hahahahahaaaaa