Snoozin's 1981 KPiz Starlet

WDE_BDY

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Threaded tube is roughly 50mm ID, fits over the KP strut tubes nice and snug, I got it through one of the local suspension places here, it's a high tensile steel apparently?

Top hats from the same place, 2nd hand and modified, the red lockrings also 2nd hand, bottom seats machined at home from scratch.

Really really happy with the way they've turned out, total cost was just under $900 inclusive of the camber plates and brand new shocks so I think I did ok... they'll be going in eventually, new wheel bearings, machined discs and rekitted calipers to come over the holidays, then I have to strip and powdercoat my crossmember, lower arms and swaybar... fit the new bushes and voila! A brand new front end.

Rear end plans consist of rosejointed rear trailing arms (both the longitudinal and diagonal ones) more to eliminate any chance of binding from the diagonal arms, and short springs... although I may yet sort out some adjustable platforms for the rear end.

All this started because I wanted to fit those street fins...

• 3 months later...

Was slightly stoked for you to see this in small photo form in new nzpc, as well as awesome MX41 with worst plates ever. There was something else too, um

Good for you though, don't think it'd be too often someone who rocks up last minute in a bog standard car that isn't even really rare or anything (although perfect example of etc) to win judges choice at something like this.

You're the man

Return next year on wound down coilovers sweet wheels an worked 5k, win again?

win

Well done bro. Gotta be so happy with that. If that aint motivation, I dont know what is.

Keen to park up ute next to ya next year for roughy/minter side by side.