For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That'll be why it was done that way then I guess, it is a big block Charger that has been abit of a weekend drag racer. I don't know a lot about this American stuff so comments like that save me fucking things up in the future, cheers.

You have a BBM powered Charger???

I would quite like to inspect it some time.

What colour is it?

• Like 1

if i was doing solid mounts, i would leave the trans mount flexible so as mentioned above, it doesnt crack the bellhousing.

did see a car with a solid trans mount and normal engine mounts once,

face, meet palm.

This was something I read and it stated the G-box mounts had to match the engine in terms of material, but I guess that's a bit out of date now?

You have a BBM powered Charger???

I would quite like to inspect it some time.

What colour is it?

Not mine, it is a mates and a Dodge. It is an orange racist car with 01 on the door. You are welcome to inspect it, its residing in Addington at present pm for an address.

Hi. I am in the process of getting the bits together to make some adjustable struts as per seedy als guide in tech articles, quick question do they need to be tig welded for cert or is mig alright? And will they also need to be crack tested?

Cheers Kurt

in theory, you can do that on a non frontal impact compliant vehicle, i wouldnt go as big as that beige one though.

would probably be other issues preventing it being certed that low, ie angles on steering and suspension arms, cv shafts, tyre rub, etc

Hey man. Im my wisdom (read stupidity) a couple of years ago i cut out and boxed a section of the firewall in my starion, to make enough room for access to the thermostat housing at the rear of the head. Have now only realised that i have cut out half the chassis number imprinted into the firewall, and the piece i cut out is long gone. I still have the silver tag that has the number on it, that was riveted to the firewall though, and all the documentation that came with the car. Is this going to pose big problems come LVV cert, and WOF time? Cheers

Im about to fabricate some new rear strut towers to fit coil overs in my ta22, ive heard you have to use a minimum of 4mm plate, is this correct, if not does anyone know what the minimum is?

im going to use part of the existing gas shock mount (car originally ran spring perch off diff and gad shock separate but the original gas shock mount/tower is too narrow to fit my coil over shock)

If anyone can clear this up it would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Matt

in theory, you can do that on a non frontal impact compliant vehicle, i wouldnt go as big as that beige one though.

would probably be other issues preventing it being certed that low, ie angles on steering and suspension arms, cv shafts, tyre rub, etc

thanks ma mate

Out of curiosity, what defines a 'non frontal impact compliant vehicle'?

i. a class MA motor vehicle manufactured from 1 March 1999, or

ii a class MA motor vehicle that was less than 20 years old when it was first registered in New Zealand on or after 1 April 2002, or

iii a class MB or MC motor vehicle manufactured from 1 October 2003

these would be vehicles that have to comply with a frontal impact rule.

Hey man. Im my wisdom (read stupidity) a couple of years ago i cut out and boxed a section of the firewall in my starion, to make enough room for access to the thermostat housing at the rear of the head. Have now only realised that i have cut out half the chassis number imprinted into the firewall, and the piece i cut out is long gone. I still have the silver tag that has the number on it, that was riveted to the firewall though, and all the documentation that came with the car. Is this going to pose big problems come LVV cert, and WOF time? Cheers

As far as a cert goes, depends on the situation but i have had cars that the chassis number had to be moved for similar reasons.

the wof book says this;

Condition

3. A VIN or chassis number must not have been removed, erased, altered, defaced, obscured, destroyed, obliterated or affixed unlawfully, or be unauthorised.

you could probably go see someone at a VTNZ / VINZ and get it noted on their system, what you have done, to prevent drama down the track