Rookie's '82 Chevrolet C10 Discussion

Cool truck. Agree 11 mpg not conducive to affordable daily driving.

Somewhat surprised at half ton load rating, espec given that the many low powered jap utes of that period were rated to carry a ton. 

• Like 1

Always been curious of those standalone ECUs for the common rail Mercs, great to see someone using it for a conversion. @dmulally do this mate! There is one sitting at pickapart in np...

Would love to know how simple these setups are if you have more details

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HumberSS said:

Always been curious of those standalone ECUs for the common rail Mercs, great to see someone using it for a conversion. @dmulally do this mate! There is one sitting at pickapart in np...

I wish I had that sort of talent! 

There is a reason I'm going for a one wire hookup diesel and it's entirely skill based. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dmulally said:

I wish I had that sort of talent! 

There is a reason I'm going for a one wire hookup diesel and it's entirely skill based. 

above my pay grade too!

• Like 1

On 27/03/2024 at 17:59, Stu said:

Evidence of burnout capability please.

Mad envious of such a sweet rig, much want.

Engine bay photo also please?

There is one there now, it aint realy pretty but considering it was 8 weeks drive in drive out its acceptible.

On 27/03/2024 at 21:59, igor said:

Cool truck. Agree 11 mpg not conducive to affordable daily driving.

Somewhat surprised at half ton load rating, espec given that the many low powered jap utes of that period were rated to carry a ton. 

Its only a c10, if you want more payload look for a c20 or c30, basically they made a truck to suit all needs.

On 28/03/2024 at 10:40, HumberSS said:

the ECU is like any standalone, but Baldur supplies a great base map which you could definitely just drive, it is actually what I have been using up until now with only a few modifications to suit my setup. as for wiring and shit, it is pretty simple, you can look up the DID1 handbook and see if you want, but basically just a list of positions of wires on the stock ECU connector and the pin position on the new connector. You have to figure out fuel delivery and fuel pump relays , and key positions and shit, but nothing you wouldnt have to do with any other engine swap.

If you want to do things even easier find a OM613, basically the same engine, but just the generation before, then you can just plug and play the ecu if you order the one with the OM613 pinout.

• Like 3