Maxpeedingrods how bad? Are they even certable

Muncie

On 19/02/2024 at 18:36, Snoozin said:

to be fair on Taiwan, a lot of the decent mid-range brands originate there. BC, Fortune Auto, XYZ etc all come out of Taiwan.

Maxpeedingrods is the finest of Chinesium trash.

Also just about every single microchip or processor or whatever in the world comes from Taiwan. 

China doesn't want to take it over so they can have cheap coilovers

Also to be faaiiirrrrrr @kpr has used MaxSpeedings... Rods. in his projects with success. 

Rods yes, coilovers no.

• Like 2

Also +1 for max… rods. A YouTuber I watch a bit of Driving4Answers has used maxpeedingrods in his 4AF+TE build and has done a detailed video on why they’re good enough etc. 

but yeah if they were good enough I’m sure they’d be sold here by King Springs 

3 hours ago, RUNAMUCK said:

Last time i looked, their conrods were cheap enough to sow the seeds of doubt. 

One discussion i saw questioned how good the factory balaning of them was. 

They work okay, sometimes they need resizing like any cheap rod. Most rods don't come balanced well enough anyway, I've had some reasonably spendy gear more than 0.1g out and that's only good enough for a low revving potato

When I was dealing with ordering from China for work they would paint things any colour you wanted and print anything you wanted on them even on small orders. Got afew full lift kits for utes for free to try in a container once and I just put them in the scrap pile

• Haha 2

my max china rods haven't flown out at 10k rpm yet.  probably made in the same factory as all the other cheap rods out there, and some of the not so cheap that are making bank.   Like anything from china, roll the dice.  some stuff is decent some not so much.   Have heard their coilovers are junk. 

• Like 1