Recommendation Toyota work in ChCh

GregT

18 minutes ago, GregT said:

And relax. She's decided she doesn't want to hang around ChCh so is going back home and will get it done in Oamaru.

Had a listen and i'm picking it's a noisy waterpump - but she'll get the cambelt done at the same time.

Sheldon Rush is the Toyota guru in Oamaru

any recomendation for 2013 volvo v40 T5r 2.0 for the same job in chch?

@GuyWithAviators do you work for toyota now? or a non specific workshop? can you source volvo/good aftermarket parts?

i can and very well might do the job myself but shopping around and realised ive not used a workshop in 15 years and have no clue anymore

2 hours ago, BlownCorona said:

@GuyWithAviators do you work for toyota now? or a non specific workshop? can you source volvo/good aftermarket parts?

i can and very well might do the job myself but shopping around and realised ive not used a workshop in 15 years and have no clue anymore

Toyota genuine I can help with. 

On 21/09/2023 at 12:10, BlownCorona said:

I use Nic and Christchurch automotive services. He lives just around the corner from me. Works from a workshop in his back yard. Super nice bloke, and dies good honest work at a fair price. Hes who I pay to do all the cunty jobs I cbf with. (Most jobs on modern cars, bar oil changes and brake pads basically)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RUNAMUCK said:

I use Nic and Christchurch automotive services. He lives just around the corner from me. Works from a workshop in his back yard. Super nice bloke, and dies good honest work at a fair price. Hes who I pay to do all the cunty jobs I cbf with. (Most jobs on modern cars, bar oil changes and brake pads basically)

+1 for Nic.....took on a cunty job on the old Teutonic Hatch without flinching.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, smokin'joe said:

yamaha made heads for toyota, so quite relevant !!

Side topic but I've ported Yamaha heads - 2,4 and 5 valve. And toyota 2 and 4 valve. Very similar problems suggesting a corporate design policy.

Basically up until current product, too big inlets and too small exhausts. Really exacerbated on the 5v's.

• Like 1

On 24/09/2023 at 13:56, crash said:

While the topic has kinda turned to Toyota parts, anyone know where I can get a set of 6 of these? 1989 Celica I'm sorting out to sell for my son.

https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/oem/toyota~bolt~serration~for~differential~side~gear~shaft~90114-08006.html

have you tried the local Toyota dealership ?
many items are genuinely cheaper than aftermarket.... or importing from outsource suppliers of genuine

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bling said:

Someone who works at Toyota posted in this thread, so that would be a good place to start.

I can get from Toyota Japan, currently nil stock in NZ. 4 ish weeks to arrive. $9.81 each incl GST. 

11 minutes ago, Bling said:

Then Amayama.

This may be cheaper and faster however. 

• Like 1