Squares G20 pest van

square

• 2 weeks later...

@square, are you Queenstown based? I swear I saw this at VTNZ the other day.

Keen as to check out the G20 one day. I owned one in the USA for a couple of months and miss it so much. They're great rigs. There's a few oldschoolers in town now, so we should probably all catch up for a brew somewhere.... 

Yeah there's some interesting work in there. The steering and column box mounting look well done, but the screen surround is just nasty. I'm assuming the roof extension went on in the states then the rhd swap was done here but who knows, I dunno if eagle or wsv were doing them back then ( about 93 )

This is the only rhd older one I've seen.

I fix whirybirds for a day job but do have an almost robotic habit of putting diesel turbo engines into everything. 

Edit , just thinking about that list :

- 82 C10 > 1KZT ( plated 666c10, just went through a big rebuild and was in a magazine )

- 60 series cruiser > 15B coaster engine with turbo, a mate here has it now 

- 90 surf > 1KZT a mates car that needed an engine after he got it wet then I hydroed it trying to get the water out 

- 2012 FJ Cruiser > 1KD my last daily, I blew the gas engine so bought a prado engine, day and a half to fit engine, 6 weeks to wire it, never got trans ECU sorted, never again 

- 1990 hilux > 1KZT, lockdown swap, I was going to make the ute electric but during lockdown got hold of a cheap granvia from someone fleeing the country and slung it in 

- 76 C10 > 24 valve turbo common rail 5.9 cummins, current brick, very fun to drive, 500 kg engine but  510 HP, 1400 NM 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I remember your bagged c10 from a long time ago, i also quite liked that hilux , was a bit tempted when you had it for sale , i have half heartedly thought about selling my c1500, and modifying a hilux in a similar fashion 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, square said:

Cheers man

Yeah I saw those things, do they have to be triggered or will just run the set time when they get the ign signal ?

The solenoid is in already so that would be straightforward enough 

When the ignition clicks on it sets the glow timer going for a programmed amount of time, then switches off. If the starter engages it stops that program if it hasnt ended and does another programmed on off on off thing to help things while the engine is starting. That is programmable as well.

Its pretty simple to wire up irl.

• 1 month later...