DoBro Jesus

23 minutes ago, smokin'joe said:

Jesse, what day ya heading north from Giggle ?

Heading back up sat morning. Planning to be in timaz around lunch or just after. Pest around 4nR for a bit then head back to crimechurch so we can cut some hektik laps of the Aves on sat night.

17 hours ago, DoBro Jesus said:

Heading back up sat morning. Planning to be in timaz around lunch or just after. Pest around 4nR for a bit then head back to crimechurch so we can cut some hektik laps of the Aves on sat night.

scenic route from Giggle ? or up SH1. Tom and I central Catlins for 2 weeks

2 hours ago, smokin'joe said:

scenic route from Giggle ? or up SH1. Tom and I central Catlins for 2 weeks

We wanted to do the scenic route but it'll just make it an even longer day. Would rather do the catlins when we have more time up our sleeves for serenity stops etc.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Valiant said:

As long as you take plenty of oil for the Mirage nothing is likely to stop.

Unless. . .

That's a BG GTX?

Just a 1500 familia. So i believe we're safe with gearbox issues... hopefully.

Mirage is a surprisingly un-smokey boi thankfully! I believe it's actually been a semi well maintained vehicle. 220ks on it and it's noice and clean under the freshly painted rocker cover.

20221028_164854.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DoBro Jesus said:

We wanted to do the scenic route but it'll just make it an even longer day. Would rather do the catlins when we have more time up our sleeves for serenity stops etc.

only 1/2 to 3/4 hour difference, and saves smoking out SH1 with madza and mishitbus oil fumes !!

8 hours ago, DoBro Jesus said:

Just a 1500 familia. So i believe we're safe with gearbox issues... hopefully.

Mirage is a surprisingly un-smokey boi thankfully! I believe it's actually been a semi well maintained vehicle. 220ks on it and it's noice and clean under the freshly painted rocker cover.

20221028_164854.jpg

Still quite glass gearboxes if abused, little bro had a mate in the early 00s who could change one out in less than 30 mins with practice....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Lord Gruntfuttock said:

This still on schedule?
I've actually got Friday off so could catch up in Invers, think I'm off to car show in TeAnau on Sat morning. Only thing planned Friday is working on my daily (ironically an early 2000s subie) after I've dropped kids at school...

Yeah man absolutely. We're currently in Nelson. Headed off to hokitika this morning. Will let you know a time and place!

• Like 1