KwS's SD1 Obsession

kws

41 minutes ago, Lord Gruntfuttock said:

Love the swappable O2 sensor/gauge system. Cool piece of kit...

Its been bleeding expensive to get here (owes me about $600 give or take with all the bits it needs) but it's already proven its worth on the Rover and should be handy for tuning the carbs on the Marina when the time comes.

• Like 3

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

could you maybe swap out your tail lamp and regular brake lamps for LED also? the on/off difference between the LEDs in the fog housing and the incandescent in the regular brake lamp housing is triggering my OCD haha

4 hours ago, fuel said:

could you maybe swap out your tail lamp and regular brake lamps for LED also? the on/off difference between the LEDs in the fog housing and the incandescent in the regular brake lamp housing is triggering my OCD haha

Yeah it's a bit ugly, but I've tested LED bulbs in the standard brake light positions and they weren't as bright. Probably has to do with the size/shape of the reflector which is really narrow and rectangular (the fog light one is round). The tail lamps are even worse with LEDs, which is why I went with the halogens.

E: Here's testing I did earlier. Bulb LH, LED RH. The LED creates a sharp hot spot, but nothing around it

20161223_205133-resized-1280.jpg

• Like 3

Oh yeah running Speeduino on the last one (albeit in 3.5l from) unlocked so much potential from the engine.

Did plan on doing it to this one too, but as correctly stated, I'd rather spend the time and money on the Marina instead. 

I keep telling myself this car was never meant to be a project, and was sold as "needs a little tlc"... 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...